Missing brownie.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LionBunn

Reaction score
Brownie was a 5 year old mini lop. He was such a good bunny. Did well using his litter pan. Love to give kisses and nudge me when he wanted something. I found out a week ago he had e. cunniculi. We were told he'd get worse in the next 48 hrs well he got much worse Thursday night. Took him to the vet yesterday and the vet meds aren't working and probably won't get better. We couldn't stand to see him rolling all the time and not be able to eat/drink. I wish I would've kept him a couple more days but that's being selfish and not fair to him. Brownie will be dearly missed. Love ya little man hop free forever.

Man I'm so sorry to hear that. There is all kinds of different treatments for that as well and I had a couple bookmarked about rabbits that were rolling over and over that were given different medicines that cleared it up. I'm so sorry to hear he's gone and I've got lops also. Personally I'm putting together a list of meds that are not used in the US for e cunniculi and I'm going to keep them on stock as well as treating my guys every 6 months or so for parasites and what not.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and know it's hard and hang in there..

There are other lops in the area that need homes and hopefully in the future if you can bring yourself to get another I'm sure you
will give them a great life!

Vanessa

Thank you love lops. He was on the usual medicines for e cunniculi. From my research it's the most common meds that usually work. He was looking awful and was afraid of him not eating or getting to the point of misery. My cat got to that point with cancer because we were being selfish. He didn't respond to any of the meds he was on.
Actually I might be adopting a holland lop that's almost identical to brownie. His name would be brownie too(husbands doing). He's 8 months old. It's an hour drive but that's ok with us.

Back