Big enough cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelby_jonesss

Reaction score
once my father and I clean out my shelving unit, I want to turn it into my rabbits cage. of course it will be modified to be turned into a rabbits cage. but I want to know if the width is too small. one full shelf is 8 feet (length) by 1.5 feet (width). is the width too small? the cage will also be four floors.. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405650745.552589.jpg

1.5 feet is a bit narrow in my opinion, however it really depends on what sort of bunny you have. 1.5 feet for a Nethie is probably plenty, for a medium size rabbit it's a little narrow. The length of the shelf may compensate for that though, your bunny just needs to be able to stretch out to lay down, and to stretch up.

I know it's pretty narrow, which sucks because I think this will be my only chance to have an 8 ft long cage that can be 3-4 levels. Should I just not do it because it's too narrow? My bunny is a medium size I believe. ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405693117.801481.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405693152.828061.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405693169.787230.jpg

maybe the pictures can give you an idea of his size!

Is there any way that you can widen even one end of it? It really does appear to be too narrow. If you could make the bottom floor wider, that would suffice. Will the bottom floor be at floor level?

P.S. Your bun is a beauty! I wish my cat would give Barry a chance. She snubs him. Brat.

yes, I was thinking of making the bottom floor open up with an x pen. and than you very much :) the kitty grew up thinking my bun was in charge of him so they get along well! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1405736660.429595.jpg
this is them cuddling!! :)

Your cat and bun cuddling is killing me. Literally killing me with absolute adorableness lol

I wish one of our cats would get along with my buns, just for a few minutes would be good enough for me. But Faye & Nora are too curious and get right up in their faces too much so they get scared and run away :p

Latest posts

Back