could Ruby be a Creme D'Argent?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruby is a boy

Reaction score
Ok so i know it says these are rare, but ruby looks exactly like the example rabbit for a Creme D'Argent. The one exception being that the very tip of his ears have silver/black on them. But i did a little reading and it mentions silver ear lacing as a poor Creme D'Argent. As in they still a Creme D'Argent are but don't quite make good show examples of the breed.

I got ruby from a simple backyard breeder who didn't know what kind of rabbit it was.

he's quite a petite rabbit but starting to bulk up a bit since being neutered about 4 weeks ago. He was a deeper ginger/red as a baby, and has gotten lighter as he has gotten older, but he's still only about 7mths old.

He has a ginger outer fur with whiter guard hairs that make it seem lighter as he's gotten older. Under that the red/ginger is much richer, then a white inner coat. All of which is consistent with the breed. Can other normal not so rear rabbit have this coat colouring??

here are his pics.
ruby as a baby
DSCF2436_zpsf03c8057.jpg

ruby today
DSCF2435_zps63c28de1.jpg

hair parting
DSCF2422_zps242da487.jpg

digging in the dirt!
DSCF2421_zps539036f8.jpg

how do i make the pics big. i'm using photobucket to upload, the picks look big on there but when i put the image url into the image insert thingy here they come out tiny!!

Whoah I think my laptop just had a heart attack!
Please re-size your photos prior to uploading them and posting them. Despite the fact that the forum automatically re-sizes them for viewing they still have to load to full size prior to being shrunk down, and those are totally massive.
Our forum rule is 800x600 max size.
Photos can be resized very easily and quickly in paint.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f39/rabbitsonline-forum-policy-decorum-10320/

Heres is an upload guide for the forum
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f39/how-use-forum-gallery-76310/

um ok... so if you read i just did what others told me ... first they were too small and now too big and i can't edit or delete them so admin is going to need to do that. I'm sorry i screwed up the sizes but i said from the start i didn't know what i was doing.
i'm sorry

You should rename him Rudy.
I'm not sure how to resize pics either, no one has to great prickly. Hes cute what ever he is

we did try calling him "RuDy" instead of "RuBy" but my 3 yr old insists that is "Ruby" so now i just say well maybe Ruby is short for Ruben!

I am not going to say Creme D'argent. Cremes have much more silvering than your rabbit and like you said are much more rare. How much does your bunny weigh?

he wouldn't weight more than 2-3kg (6Lb??) at this stage. He's only about 7mths old, he's rather fine boned too. so yeah. i'd have to weigh him to actually know and given its night time now i can't be bothered going and getting him to do that just now.

Ok so he's going to be big but maybe a little less than the standards. The other breed I was thinking is a palomino mix. His color is known as fawn. I wouldn't say he has the silver ticking of a Creme but don't know if the silvering is recessive or not

Latest posts

Back