Rabbit of the Month - Teddy

Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Health & Wellness > Bunny hiding more than usual

Old 03-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
Nibbler
Nibs
Rabbits

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Bunny hiding more than usual

We've had Nibs a few days now. Today all of a sudden he is hiding more than usual. He Camelot for a bit this morning but retreated because the blinds were open for our beardie. I just fed him breakfast and he isn't really interested. When I go to bet him he lays down and let's me do it. After I stop it seems to take a minute for him to realize I've stopped. I'm a little concerned Gorgon because his urine is still the color of his chew toy (read it could last 3-4 weeks ).

Old 03-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
Nibbler
Nibs
Rabbits

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

*came out for a bit. Not Camelot

Old 03-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #3
PaGal

Rabbits

Liked 288 Times on 254 Posts

How old is he? What do you feed him and how much? What breed of bun? Is the bun pooping? If it is are the poos the same as they always have been or are there less poos or are they smaller than normal? Is the bun drinking? What color exactly is the urine?

A bun not wanting to eat is a serious concern. It could be suffering from GI stasis which can be life threatening especially if not dealt with quickly.

We do need more information though to be able to help you.

It could also be that your bun is still adjusting to it's new home. Buns are prey animals so they can be easily scared. He is in a whole new environment with new sights, sounds and smells. Some buns adjust quicker than others.

Last edited by PaGal; 03-16-2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: add more

Old 03-17-2014, 03:41 AM   #4
BunnyandMoi

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

True i agree. But watch him . Pay attention to his poopies and try to feed him. Sometimes it can be a GI or it can also be gas biuldup and for that you can use infany gas drops. Or it can even be settling down in a new place . But not eating is a bad sign . So pay very close attention to ur buns behavior .

Old 03-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #5
Nibbler
Nibs
Rabbits

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have no idea how old Nibs is (was a rescue ) but I think She's and unspayed female. I trying to sex her yesterday when she was sleeping on her side. I didn't seen testicles or a scar from a hysterectomy. I think she did just have an upset tummy. When I got up this morning her bowl was empty and she was excited for breakfast (That's normal for her). I could hand feed her which is also normal, so it seems to have passed. Her bowel movements were very prevalent and normal looking. The only thing I'm worried about now is her right eye. Both had a white crusty discharge yesterday. The right one had a little more this morning. I've read It's an infection, that It's somewhat normal like humans. So I don't know what to believe.

Nibs:

Red satin.

Feed: Oxbow organic Timothy pellets and oxbow organic meadow hay + fresh fruits and veggies (kale, bananas, mustard greens, Collards, mango> what we've tried so far)