The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pani

Bunny servant Lotte
Reaction score
Felix's old blog can be found here, but I figured since there's been an addition to the family, I'd make a new blog for the both of them.

~ ~ ~

Felix and Clementine are now sharing play area really well. :) It's the area Felix used to have to himself, and I'm so proud that even though his hormones are probably still fading out, he's not being territorial at all about the area that Clementine now shares with him. They both sleep separately, and are separated when I can't supervise them, since their bond is still tentative - since Clementine is still so young, her hormones are probably going to effect their bond, so I'm expecting to have to separate and re-bond them in a few months. I'm hoping that being so close now, and separating at the first sign of any aggressive/sexual behaviour on Clementine's side, will make it easier for them to re-bond when they're ready.

tumblr_n00xf04G2b1qadoszo1_500.jpg

This was taken in one of their first bonding sessions in neutral ground. I was lucky that I only needed a couple in neutral ground because they were absolutely fine in Felix's normal area. He seems really protective over her, and she seems to dote after him. He teaches her things, like how to jump up the couch, and spends a lot of time grooming her. She grooms him back sometimes, and she likes to groom me, too - she spent a lot of time this evening making sure my leg was nice and clean.

tumblr_n063yovAXn1qadoszo1_500.jpg

And tried to clean one of my tattoos as well!

tumblr_n063vdoaw01qadoszo1_500.jpg

Felix's new hutch finally arrived today, so I spent some time this afternoon catching up on SVU and putting it together. Felix moves in tonight, and Clementine finally gets to leave the storage box she was spending unsupervised time in, and into Felix's old hutch. It'll smell like him, which I hope will comfort her when they're not playing!

tumblr_n05xnqbiYd1qadoszo1_500.jpg

We put in a rental application for a new house today, which is lovely and MUCH bigger than our current place. Another friend of ours is wanting to move in, which makes it five twenty-somethings trying to rent a house, which isn't always the most favoured choice. We tried to make a good impression and gave them all of our details (and we're providing payslips), so I hope it turns out well. If it does, I'll get a study room all to myself, which means I can let the buns run free in there and set up a more permanent recording area for my YouTube channel, which I really need to start updating again. Fingers crossed! We should hear back early next week.

tumblr_n04ftefaIb1qadoszo1_500.jpg

That's so great they are getting along so well. It's so cute to see them all snuggled up together and being so sweet to each other. They seem very happy :)

They really do! I love seeing how much happier both of them are, especially Felix. Before Clem, he was lovely as he was, but now he's more social than ever, and he seems to love simply grooming her or laying next to her. Clementine was quite timid being that she's in a new home that already smells like another rabbit, but she's taken a wonderful shine to Felix. If he comes over and grooms her you can see how happy she is, and it's so sweet to see her leaning over to do the same for him. :)

Ugh - rehomed Clementine to Felix's old hutch tonight. Turns out she goes CRAZY over chewing. She's already gnawed several not-so-small spots in the wood, in several different places. I've put heaps of hay down, moved Felix's old (ignored) mineral stone in front of one of the areas, put in a wooden plum (again, ignored by Felix previously!), and found an untouched Yellow Pages to pop in there too. Hopefully she gets the idea and STOPS EATING HER BEDROOM! :p

I'm less concerned about the chewing and more about the ingesting. She doesn't seem to be spitting out any of the wood after chewing it. Is it okay for her to be eating that? Or could it cause problems? I guess I could rehome her to a normal cage if necessary, but I wouldn't put chewing the plastic bottom past her.

What lovely pics, I love the last one where Felix looks so laid back and contented. She is such a cute little girl and isn´t it so good to see buns grooming each other, I never tire of seeing them getting into all the spots their little friend can´t reach. :bunnyheart

Not sure about wood but wouldn´t think it would be good for her to ingest to much. Houdini is the champion plastic chewer. He´s in a cage with a plastic bottom and its got teeth marks all round the border and he´s chewed the border of his litter tray, well there is still some left but there is a lot missing and I´ve never had any problems with him. I do tell him off and stop him and I´ve tried other things but he still does it even now.

So glad it´s working out and I´m sure these two will become an item.

They look so cute together! I laughed at the picture of Clem trying to groom your tattoo off. She looks so soft.

The little buns just had their first taste of strawberry. :) I let Felix have four or five little bunny chomps, and Clem had a few nibbles. They both seemed to enjoy it a lot, so I might let them have it as a treat as long as it sits well with both of their tummies.

I had a pretty bad day today. Worked for 9 hours and my manager, who is hard enough to get along with as it is, decided to take absolute offense to something I said as we were bantering back and forth. It's ridiculous the effort we have to put in to try and participate with her in a friendly manner without trying to upset her. She's one of those people that believes in friendly banter and can easily dish it out, but can't take it herself. She was bringing up a recording of a call I'd taken about a week ago, and mentioned a phrase that I used, and then proceeded to laugh about it with three of my colleagues and make it everyone's business. Then, a few minutes later when she mentioned something else to me, I responded by letting her know the correct information and jokingly ended my sentence with "schooled!". WELL. She took the most ridiculous offense to that and suddenly banter back and forth between us was UNPROFESSIONAL and WE WOULD TALK ABOUT IT LATER. She is awfully frustrating, to the point where I'm now looking for other jobs. It's disappointing, because aside from her presence, I don't really mind the job too much.

:rant:

The only thing that kept me going was knowing I'd get to come home and watch my adorable bunnies romp around... but I'll have to deal with it again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Glad the buns are fine, mine aren´t keen on strawberries but I always try every time I have them in the house.

That is such a pain when you always have to be careful what you say, it makes life so difficult. She sounds like a right pain in the bum and very unprofessional herself by making an issue of this when she started it. People like this are always hard to deal with and it´s a shame if you like the job. You´re right that your only option is to get out of there as I don´t think she would be open to reasonable discussion.

I´m sure your buns are keeping you sane and you can always talk it through with them, I´m sure they´ll be on your side. I must admit I talk to mine and sometimes it does make me feel better and clearer.

I know certain types of wood are ok for buns like apple wood. I give them to Brooke and Lady to chew on and they work all the bark off and have a good time. So far they haven't had any stomach problems from that. Can you give Clemmy some willow or apple twigs to chew on?

I love the blog and they look great together! Such cuties!

Vanessa

Try not to worry so much about that git in the office... you know how people are..just ignore her if the job is other wise fine. Just try to make yourself invisible. I did that at one job for months. No one knew I was there.. I was so quiet.. (believe it or not..)

Vanessa

Oh Clementine and Felix are such a cute pair! One black, one white, one lop one not! I'm not sure about the wood, though maybe she's trying to get to Felix. When mine were separated (before neutered) Dope would chew and chew and chew all the time. Now they're together, he hardly ever chews the cage. (Only when he forgets where the door to the cage is hehe)

So annoying about that woman at work, that would frustrate me soooo much! Is there anyone higher you could send an anonymous email to? Because she is being incredibly unprofessional and creating a hostile work environment.

I actually have them both in the large hutch tonight for a test run, but so far they've both had a bit of a chew. :( I'm thinking of moving them both to large plastic/metal cages overnight... and dropping more cash on cages. That's going to be nearly $400 spent on hutches/cages and I've only had a bunny since November! :pullhair:

I'm thinking of talking to the HR department at work about her but so many people have already done that, and nothing's happened. I just know she'd find some way to twist my words around and play innocent, and then just get even nastier.

On a brighter note, more pics of the buns. :)

tumblr_n07g3gNh8C1qadoszo1_500.jpg

This was cute... she was napping on the couch and he kept grooming her. Then he kept bunny flopping and landing right on top of her so I'd have to nudge him to move, so he wouldn't squish her! After doing that a few times he gave this cute look to the camera.

tumblr_n0bl9cBNva1qadoszo1_500.jpg

Clementine likes to chew.

tumblr_n0blwlSkx21qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0bnflVkQ31qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0fhl9iSZA1qadoszo1_500.jpg

Eating together!

tumblr_n0fhy5bWTr1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n0fiwwd5BF1qadoszo1_500.jpg

I LOVE the pic of Felix looking into the camera.. what a great photo!

You could try to speak to someone in HR off the record and see what you can do.. it's just a thought..

Vanessa

I just love these two together.I love seeing them munching down together, two of mine eat together and I love watching them. Great pics of both.

Total cuteness overload. They are adorable. I wish I had some advice for you on the cage situation. It stinks that you might have to get another one.

I am OBSESSED with these two they are too adorable!

I know what you mean about cages, I've spent faaaar too much! I'm sure once you get a set up that works it will last you a good few years at least haha :p If they don't eat it! Could you sell the hutches? Especially if one is brand spanking new (only slightly chewed haha).

Selina
:brownbunny

One of my friends has an outdoor bunny named Winston, and she said she'd be interested in the double storey hutch to add to his outdoor area. :) He's on grass which would be convenient since the double storey hutch has an open base so he can eat away!

I found a certain pack of NIC cubes that ship to Australia from Amazon so I might buy those instead and make a little condo for Felix and Clementine. It'll be cheaper than buying two separate cages, and when/if I have to separate them, I can just use more cubes to give them both a full level to themselves.

Hehe... Winston. The name made me giggle :D

When I'm eventually living somewhere where I'm allowed to have pets indoors, I will probably have to order some cubes off of amazon too. I've spent so much time looking at designs and planning out my own etc. Lol. I can't wait to build something that I can't even build yet, haha :D

Turns out the shipping is ridiculous - more than the cost of the actual cubes. :( Might be a pipe dream for now.

Latest posts

Back