Bunny Behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper2013

Reaction score
So I know every bunny is different but I have never heard of a bunny doing this.

When Bun Bun is out hopping around he will stop stay in one spot and his head will just sway side to side. What does this mean? I've never heard of bunnies doing this and I know Hopper doesn't. What could it mean? He does it both in and out of his cage.

Does he happen to be a red eyed or blue eyed rabbit? Does it look like he is maybe scanning and looking the area over with his head moving side to side, or is his head and body swaying? Is there any uncontrollable eye movement? Is there any head tilt, hind limb weakness, urinary incontinence?

If you could catch a video of it and post it, that might also help in figuring out what it is he is doing.

Is the swaying very slow and slight? I don't know if it's the same thing you're describing, but sometimes I would catch Mocha sitting up on his haunches and swaying juuuust a little bit. It's like the bunny version of nodding off because within minutes he would either be sprawled on the floor or have settled down into a bunny loaf to get some proper zzz's.

It is a little concerning, a video would be great if you could get one, just to help us understand the movement better. But it sounds like you may need to have a visit to the vet.

Back