Rabbit lost in cornfield :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaibunny

- ♥ Kylie & Bunbuns ♥ -
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first post, unfortunately.
I joined last week when we decided to try raising bunnies on our farm! I'd hoped my first postto be happier!

So last night we drove over an hour to pick up a californian buck. I left him in crate for the night (its a big dog one) with food and water. This morning I loaded him in a small carrier and brought him out to his new hutch. I put the carrier up to the door of the run pArt and he hopped in and up to the hutch part. Well I guess the back door was unlocked and sure enough he hopped out, I almost grabbed him and then the puppy took interest in this funny hoping thing... the bunny ran, the puppy ran, I tried to call the puppy back and he usually listens but being four months old this was just too exciting for him and with my luck he ran right into the cornfield. I got a net and found him a couple times but he'd run off before I could get even close. I stopped trying for fear of chasing him even farther into the corn!

I havent seen him for about an hour now. I'm pretty upset and I know I made some mistakes and thats why this happened. I feel horrible. I know my fiance won't be pleased with me! Now I have to find another breeding buck!

We live in the country but I think if I don't find him today, I will put posters on our road. There os an area down the road a little where houses are close together. Other than that I don't know what to do.

I know the chances are slim. The poor bunny, I just want him to be okay!

Oh I'm so sorry. :( I hope he turns up. Poor little guy. Keep us posted.

Maybe you can put food outside, maybe make a little trail of carrots/veggies/fruit from the edge of the corn to his carrier.

You could try one of those live animal traps. Maybe one of your friends or neighbors has one you could borrow if you don't have your own. We got one years ago to catch and re-home a gopher that was living under our porch. I have thought that someday it might come in handy if one of our rabbits gets loose.

Thanks for all the replies. Luckily I do have 4 live traps!
I think ill put them in various spots around where ive seen him.
I also put the carrier with food and water out.
I have some neighbours coming to help search so I hope for the best.
Ill bring the dogs to the other side of the house for now and keep pup on a leash just incase!

Oh I'm so happy to say bunnies home in his hutch!
We set out six live traps all over the cornfield and this morning we checked them and he was in the one on the other side of field!

I'm so happy he's safe!
Thanks for all the comments and I look forward to happier posts!!

Pheeeeww well done so pleased for you, :dancingorig::highfive:what about a picture of little Houdini !!

Hooray! Great news!!!!! Glad he made it back to safety & is now in his home!

Yahoo from me too, so glad you managed to catch him. Hope we hear some happy posts about this little fellow and some pics as well.

You could try one of those live animal traps. Maybe one of your friends or neighbors has one you could borrow if you don't have your own. We got one years ago to catch and re-home a gopher that was living under our porch. I have thought that someday it might come in handy if one of our rabbits gets loose.
I could rent one for $40 a month in our humane society.
Oh, I just read you found him. Congrats!!!

Back