3 years later.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschimpf

Wheek, Hop, Meow
Reaction score
Three years ago I joined the forum but it hasn't been until now that a bunny has come to my life.

About 8 days ago I was asked to rabbit sit a friend of a friends 3 month old Polish Dwarf. I agreed being the person I am. I was rushed out of their home with a scared bunny, pellets and shavings. No cage (which I have a temp pet store cage), no name and no idea what I was doing. I should add though not ideal, his current cage is 20" x 36" x 24", if he stays I'll be doing a NIC cage.

Now 8 days later I have in my care a sweet, not scared any more, male bunny. I've tried to contact the people and as of yesterday the number I had for them have been disconnected. So I have a few months before I make the commitment to alter him since he is only 3 months old, so that will give them more time to get back to me, though I have a feeling they wont.

So with out farther ado, here is Little Jack (our name for him) aka Little J

9262115371_51cf5a73b8_z.jpg

9262103475_e742f7dc27_z.jpg

9264866464_6fd44d125a_z.jpg

This last photo was taken after 24 hours at my house. When I first got him he would try to run from me or freeze, now he's so relaxed!

9264853990_25400ab860_z.jpg

He looks for all the world to me like a dumbo rat. I LOVE dumbo rats!! He is super cute and I can't wait to see more of him around here! Is it bad if I hope you get to keep him? :p

Little Jack is such a cute little bun! So glad you got him & remembered to come back here! RO members are so friendly & helpful, I know you will get help should you need it! Doesn't sound like his family was too interested in him, if they didn't take the time to give you his name or any information as to his care. Pardon me if I am misjudging his old family. Wishing you & Little Jack the best! He is adorable!

Tauntz: HAHAHA no need for the pardon, I have a few choice words, though when he snuggles and licks me I forget them.

Bonsai & Zaiya: I know right?! They look so BIG but I think that't because he's a little under weight. He wasn't eating the first 6 hours he came, then he was only eating hay and drinking water. Now He's eating oxbow pellets (1/4 cup) and hay. Wont touch veggie yet though.

He's a little young for veggies anyhow. :) Just to be safe, I feed my buns veggies at 5months and on. Granted, my current rabbit is outraged I offer her veggies, hehe. Nevertheless, I'd hold off a bit longer on giving him veggies! I believe its 4 months that people usually start veggies, I just hold off an extra month to be super sure. ;)

I'm loving his radar ears, though! In the first picture he looks like he's saying "Are you lookin' at me?!" Something about his expression is just hilarious, haha. He's very comical but extremely cute. :)

He is such a sweetie! It's good to hear how well he is taking to you and your home. I'm always so happy to hear when neglected buns find a loving home. Congratulations to you and Jack!

Bonsai: You have no idea! Here is from the other night.

Little J: "Must hold in rawr..."
9263545161_b00629b81d_z.jpg

Little J: *Gasp* must... RAWR!
9263545413_49f55591e3_z.jpg

Ilovemyrabbit: LOL He is super cute, I can see why you thought that.

Moonpix: To be honest, he is the first bunny that hasn't tried to kill me... maybe he's just taste testing until he gets bigger ;) Either way I am glad he's adjusting well too.

That is a very adorable rabbit and you have gotten some excellent pics. The close up face one os fantastic, and the one little roar one is...well lets just say even a macho man like myself might might loud squealing noises over the cuteness...might, I thought about it but had to man up.

He's absolutely adorable! Definitely a face no one could stay mad at or ignore! You have gotten some great pics as well. For his sake I hope his previous owners do not contact you.

Welcome back to the forum!
Little Jack is adorable. You should make sure if the other people do not want to take him back. At 3 months, a bunny can be neutered (the Edmonton Humane Society does their animals at this age). Where did Little Jack come from? Do you still have other pets?

Latest posts

Back