linoleum base for NIC cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiyoyuki

Reaction score
So I am planning on making a 3x5 or 6 NIC cage for my 8 week old holland lop. I have a friend that has extra linoleum that I will use for the base. He said I should be able to just put it on the floor, but I feel like putting linoleum on carpet won't work. Do I need a base the linoleum and if so what should it be? And what should I do if I add in other levels?

I've used 3/8" plywood (anything thinner won't be very stable and anything thicker is overkill) It doesn't have to be a good grade. Cut it larger than your cage footprint (4'x6' would be good for a 3'x5' cage) and then lay the vinyl on it and cut to the same size. You can use a staple gun to hold the edges down. Good luck!

Because of family stuff, I don't know if I can get out to get plywood before I get my bunny so do you think i could lay the linoleum onto grids for now?

That would probably work just fine...maybe make a base with grids and then lay a flattened cardboard box on top of the grids, then the linoleum.

Oh, I've been off RO for awhile and just saw this.
I've used linoleum for a NIC base but just put it straight on the carpet like photo below. I wouldn't advise putting it on top of grids on the floor because then the edges of the lino will be able to be reached and chewed on.

I put down the linoleum and then made sure the edges of it were beyond the cage edge so bunny couldn't get to it.

IM000411.jpg

Latest posts

Back