Male or female?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
My guess is a female, but I'm not sure.
I found this rabbit on my morning walk with my dog this morning.
I was able to get it and I brought it home.
I tried to find her owners, but with no luck till now.

She also has soft poo, it's chained together.
What can I do to improve that?
She hasn't eaten that much yet and she's quite skinny...
I hope her owner comes forward..Otherwise she will stay here.

IMG_2669.jpg

With the soft poop, stick with just grass hay for a few days, until the poop is looking normal. You want to make sure she is eating it well, because she may be stressed being in a new place and stressed rabbits will often stop eating. Rabbits can have a very sensitive digestive system, and often don't do well with sudden food changes, but grass hay seems to be the one thing that is easily tolerated, without causing digestive upset. Also if you can get some pet probliotic gel, that can help with the gut bacteria. After the poops are looking normal, you can gradually start adding pellets into the diet. Start with small amounts, and make sure the poop stays normal. If it does, you can gradually start increasing the amount. If the poop doesn't get to be normal looking after a little while, she may have parasites causing the problem, and will need meds from the vet to clear it up. Also if she doesn't look like she is doing well, you may want to have your vet check her over.

Also, those scent glands look like they may need a cleaning.

If she was indeed someone's pet and just got out, a change of diet to fresh grasses could definitely cause GI upset. I'd push hay and see if that helps with the poops.

Looks female and the scent glands on both sides are in need of cleaning. If she's young, you could feed alfalfa. If she's more than six months then she needs unlimited hay, or we feed orchard grass as I'm allergic to timothy.

Thanks all. She's got lots of hay, but she doesn't eat it that well yet. Her poo is even thinner today, probably of the stress of a new environment. I'll clean her scent glands today and cuddle her, she's very tame and loves to be cuddled. The owner still hasn't been found despite all my efforts. If the owner hasn't made contact before Monday, I'll take her to the vets for a check-up. She looks like she's been out on the road for a while. Yesterday she slept the whole day and today she's very curious and loves attention.

Aww, she's all poofy! Hopefully you can find the owners soon. Otherwise, it's awful to think but it may be a case of someone not wanting to care for her anymore and setting her "free". She's lovely though.

We do keep that in mind, considering she's so thin and dirty.
I've just cleaned her glands and one of them is a little swollen, but its able to empty itself now.
I had her on my lap for 15 minutes afterwards, she remained so calm!
It's hard to imagine someone would just get rid of her like that.
Tomorrow we are going to the vets with her.
Meanwhile we continue the search for her owners.

She does look older than 6 months. She has such a cute grumpy face :) It sounds like she is settling in well. When you take her in to the vet, you may want to ask them to do a fecal test, to check for parasites/bacteria, since she is still having poop problems.

I've just found the owners and they are going to pick her up tonight. Her name is Snowwhite and the girl was very happy that we found her rabbit. I'll give her parrents the advice to take her to the vets.

Latest posts

Back