Is This Bunny Puberty?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My bun just had his 6 month birthday. The past few days his behaviors have changed some. He's started pooping all over the place (until now he's been going only on the bottom floor of his house and in his litter box). He's also begun peeing in odd places (his fleece blanket, the floor of his house). He's started running around our feet in circles and grunting (I've read other places that this is a telltale sign? Can anyone confirm?). Pretty much he's just been a nut. He's still as sweet as can be, but I can tell he's acting different than usual. I plan on making him an appointment sometime very soon for a vet visit, to see what we can do about "fixing" him (still not sure he is actually a he! Lol.) But, does this sound familiar to ya'll as the beginnings of bunny puberty? :twitch:

Haha, Bandit has just recently started running around me in circles and grunting too. Definitely hormonal, I'm planning on getting him neutered very shortly, it is cute though :p

Yeah I kind if miss the running in circles and grunting. Some rabbits I read still do it, but most lose that. Oh well...

My two buns are peeing all over their bedding as well, I think it is bunny puberty, sadly I dont think my buns are old enough to be neutered yet, otherwise they would be into the vet right away lol they have yet to run in circles and grunt though, I hope I get to see that soon just for fun haha XD.

Latest posts

Back