Need a little help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmamabunny

Reaction score
Well here I go I just get a 8 month old Rex we named her EB. When my Dad gave her to my 4 year old Daughter he told me it is highly likely she is pregnant since she was housed with a male at the pet shop. So now I am playing the waiting game. When I touched her belly i felt little balls. I am scared that I am for getting to do something to help her. she her a nesting box with shavings not hay since on breeder she that hers would rather eat it then make a nest. but is there anything else. Please help. sorry to sound like a child but just have no clue when it come to rabbits.

I can't answer the rest of your questions confidently but I will say you should keep providing a hay like timothy or alfalfa. Correct me if I'm wrong someone but I think alfalfa is the one you want to be giving over timothy right now if she is pregnant? The high protein and nutrients are a must I think at that time and during nursing. It's perfectly natural for the rabbit to be eating the hay as this is a must in every rabbits diet so I don't know why any breeder would say that? Keep providing it I say throughout the day in the nesting box. I'm sure someone who's had more years of experience then me will reply soon to you.

She has unlimited hay mix plus pellets and fresh veg/fruits to eat but not to make a nest with. She eats like it's going out of style 2c pellets and unlimited hay mix she drink 2 big water bottles a day. she is fine that way it me not sure i am doing right for her.

Well if she is preggers you'll see something happen in 31+ days, give her the convenience with hay in the nesting box when or if she gives birth, she'll pull some fur out with the hay when near the birth to make a nest out of as well I know. What you could do is use some straw in the box because it will insulate the newborn kits and provide hay at the same time always to munch on inside. Good luck :)

timothy or alfalfa hay are perfectly fine for pregnant bunnies. One is not really better than the other, we give ours a horse quality coastal and they do perfectly fine. Hay will normally be use as nesting material for pregnant mommas. Moms will usually only nest a couple of days before kindling. Gestation is 30-32 days.

Latest posts

Back