Are my rabbits teeth ok?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pigglebread

Reaction score
Today I looked at my rabbits teeth and I feel like everything looks ok but the right top tooth looks slightly crooked, I'm not sure if this looks abnormal or I need to watch it or what? Healthy or not healthy?
390386_10151811947367519_1590539546_n.jpg

edit - Sorry if this belongs in infirmary? I'm not sure, just to add he's a holland lop but I'm certain he's got a little mini lop in him, weighs 4.2 pounds and is 6 and half months old.

another edit - Here's an extra video of him shot today for fun, tearing up bags.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NGeaicIaMz0

Last edited:
It's ok now, but keep an eye on all his teeth that you can see. I'd check them monthly when you do nail trims. Also, be careful to notice changes in eating habits, like not eating one type of food suddenly. If the front teeth are bad, the back teeth may also be bad (and hard to see). Also, the vet should try to get a look at his front and back teeth in his annual exams.

actually, there's a good chance he doesn't have mini-lop in him. I have a *purebred* holland that weighs in at around 4 lbs. she's a little chubby, granted. also, not all hollands get the dwarf gene, so some are significantly larger than the breed's standard.

Agreed, his teeth look alright to me but it's a good thing to check periodically and something to think of whenever they aren't eating right.

Latest posts

Back