Rabbit Show in Ontario

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alley

Reaction score
I was thinking I needed a hobby, I'm aresponsible rabbit owner and I was considering getting a rabbit from abreeder, she asked me if I wanted it for showing, and I've neverconsidered showing a rabbit before, but I know alot of people on thissite do and I was wondering if someone could answer me thesequestions.

Is it something that is really hard to pick up?
Are show rabbits hard to take care of because thier breed has to perfect?
What breed would be easier for a beginner?
Does anyone know where to look up shows in the Ottawa, Ontario area?
Do they need papers saying their pure bred?

Thank you in advance, and any other advice would help. I'm notsure if I'd like to do this because I'm not a competative person, but Ilove rabbits and I'd like to do some research in this.

Well i live in england i do not know ifsome stuff is differnt is out there but here you can show in pets aswell so any rabbit can go in pets if it tameable,clean and does notbite and to show in pures the breeder would advise you all the best inshowing keep me updated how you do xx

Showing is a lot of work but is also a lot offun. It can get a little crazy in the showroom, especially ifyou have more than one breed. You don't need papers sayingthat your rabbit is a purebred however, it must be one. Eachbreed of rabbit is judged by the Standard of Perfection by the AmercianRabbit Breeders Association. Each rabbit is judged by breedbased on this standard. The best place to go for showinformation is the American Rabbit Breeders Assoc. Website...www.arba.net Theyhave a list of shows in Canada and in the U.S.

I'm not a major show person so this is just myadvicetoa beginner. Keep in mind, otherpeople probably are more knowledgable than me.

If you are a beginner I would start small and participate in 4-h or FFArabbit shows. They are fun and you meet a lot or rabbitpeople in your area.It can be a lot of work and Iwouldread up onhow toshow properly andwork with your bunny enough so that it won't bite or try to run offconstantly. I know from experience that if your rabbitdoesn't want to be handled now, he won't wanna be handled by a judge:p.

Story time!: lol, Scooby once even made a girlcrybecause we had to pass our rabbits around to other people at thetable(to see if you could handle other rabbits) and he was the hardestrabbit to control. In the end, she won it because she was theonly one, even I didn't do as well,who could controlhim,lol. It was hilarious!

I had mini lops and they were very nice and calm, but a lotrabbits are. I've heard that Netherland Dwarfs cansometimes have a temper. If you show rabbits you gotta keepher clean and healthy, but you would have do that for any bunny,lol. You can probably search the internet and find some showsin your area, or as Starlight Rabbitry said,www.arba.net.Most shows require that the rabbit is a purebred, but with4-Hyou don't need papers or anything (at least inIowa).

Showing rabbits is fun and I'm glad your interested in it.

~Caitlin~

Latest posts

Back