Turning this armoire into a bunny house

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have written this post 2 other times. Hope it works this time.

Bun has now been in her new house for an hour. She's maneuvering between levels ok, but definitely needs a platform. Right now I have her hay box under one and a bin under the other. I think she likes it. I have out various items on the different levels in hopes of enticing her to explore....and I really like the material I used for the back... And bottom. Kemlite... Even though it was a true PITA to cut to size.

Shelf height ended up being 9 for the top and then 16 for the middle and 18 ( I think) for the bottom.

Next step is to fix the shelves so its easier for her to jump up and down and attach a run off one of the sides...using NIC cubes. I'm going to have to get that done tomorrow and Wednesday because she doesn't have enough space to run right now. :(. We aren't 100% certain where we will put her in the living room so I'm not completely sure which side the attachment will go on.

D7A8D376-7E11-4ABD-B2BF-18A278F23E20-661-000000594B9DE72C.jpg

286260C6-73B6-40DA-B196-04A80680CCC3-661-00000059566D7E4C.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is curious... This is what the cost breakdown looked like;

Armoire from Craigslist: $75
Sheet of kemlite:$22
Roll of wire: $20
Contractors adhesive: 2@3 ea and 1@5(also a sealant)=$11
We had the MDF in our garage for the 2nd shelf....

The run will be about $22. So. It wasnt cheap... But it wasn't much more than the commercial cage. It looks way better and my family gets to enjoy Bun in the main living room instead of hidden in a bedroom like she has been. I anticipate she'll get more lovin now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back