Wilbur and the group, Day 5

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alley

Reaction score
Wilber doesn't seem to be getting muchbigger :(but I'm going to keep an open mind.Thank you everyone who has sent me sites and gave me advice. I've readit all and I could still use any advice you can give me. Here is somepics of Wilbur and the others.

I also don't know what's on Wilburshead, The hair isn't growing in a little patch and he either had dryskin or dried milk on his head.

Ally I posted in your otherthread about the lil cutie, are you attempting to hand feed ? isthat the reason formilk on his head ? , Darlin hadthe same dry patch but it wasa spot where the hair justwouldnt fully grow out , tryputting the tiniest dab ofveggie oil onit andgently rub it in wipeoff any excess . it willl help soften itup a bit .

And If you couldhon can you do updates thrujust one thread , It makes it much easier torespond , especially when waiting for anupdate , I very near missed this post .

I'm sorry, I'm new at the whole Forumthing but I will use this thread from now on. I'm not hand feeding himbut when his belly doesn't look full, I flip over cookie and give himsome extra time to eat. I don't know why he has milk on his head but healso has a bald spot where the hair isn't growing at all. I'm so afraidCookie will hurt him and I'm so happy to see him there everyday. Healways seems to be on the bottom of the pile and I don't know how tofix it. He's usually pretty squirmy when I take pictures but today hewas kind of slow, makes me worried.:?I'll keep you posted andthank you so much for giving me advice, your story has gave me somegreat ideas. I'm eighteen and I only live with my dad so sometimes wefind it hard, my bunnies have kept me going through so much and thissite has been so good for helping me help them. :)

Ally its goodyour flipping Mom and givinghim more time to nurse , keepyour hopes up hon but pleasedont get them too high , tomorrow he may perk up abit and be really active,Darlin had days like that too, there were somedays I would just betotally flattened because hedidnt look right , or look as thohe would pull thru , then a few hourslater there he was king of his littlepile , and a full tummy , Haveyou tried putting a tiny tinydab of Nutrical on his lips ,it may help bolster him up a bit ,lol be prepared for a lotof funny faces loland the old tongue stick out ,they really dont like the taste lol. or maybe even atiny dab on the nipple he willbe nursing off anyway you can get some into him will helphim along . what i did was measure itwith a tooth pick all you need is enoughon hte very end of the tooth pick so youcan just see it , be carefull notto poke the mommy shewill get cranky , when Ihad to hand feed I would mix itin with the hand feedingformular , I have one of those oldbeaters that looks like an alien frapmaker . works great and no lumpies. If your going to attempt handfeeding PM me first soi can explain how to do itproperly so the littleone wont breath it in,(asperate ) .

I just woke up this morning and checkedon him, he seemed really weak this morning. I turned Cookie over tofeed him and he wouldn't even latch on :(. I have to go to school in anhour and I'm so afraid of what I'll come home to at lunch.

Gypsy, I know you know your stuff... does a babyrabbit need to stay with its mama? Is it possible for Alley tocarefully monitor the bun on her personally? I know my boss toted anunderaged kitten in his pocket for weeks - but we're talking bunnieshere....

Cheetos mom wrote:
Gypsy, I know you know your stuff... does a baby rabbit needto stay with its mama? Is it possible for Alley to carefully monitorthe bun on her personally? I know my boss toted an underaged kitten inhis pocket for weeks - but we're talking bunnies here....

Hi Hon , It is preferred tokeep it with theMother for as long as Possable , I hadPM'd Pam about the sameconcerns and this iswhat she told me todo also , Pam takesas MUCH credit for keeping myDarlin alive, with out heradvice Im sure the littleguy would have expired long beforehe did .

Unfortunately Kittens and Baby Rabbitsare 2 very different typesof babies to hand raise , Kittensare easy and dont tendto give in to fatality , Babyrabbits will just give up onlife no matter how hard we fight to keepthem going . As Amy can attest gettingthem thru the first 2 weeks of lifeis the hardest then itjust only gets that much harder , ( I knowit sounds off but its true ) .

I will keep the little oneof Allys in my prayers, but ifhe is getting weaker by thehour Im afraid the little oneis giving up on life ,As hard as this is tohear it is a lot harder for me to type, but as he weakensits best just to let himgo to the Rainbow Bridge ,there he will not have to struggleto breathe and not have to struggle tohold on for our hopefull wishes, Ally Give him a hug anda kiss on his nose and tellhim its OK to go tothe bridge , Im SO sorry :tears2:

I've taken if out of the nest box withthe others because he was lying all by himself cold. He ate just alittle and I'll try again soon. I'm not going to give up until after hedoes. I want to be sure I did everything I could. I've grown quite fondof this little guy. Right now he's in a box with a towel, a heatingpad, and some fur and he seems to be content. If I was going to try tohand feed him, what would be best.? Mom just never seems to have anymilk left for him. I'm going to the store in 10 mins, anysuggestions?

Puppy hand feeding formularis best itsformulated for rabbits aswell , JUST be veryvery carefull and let it drop onto theside of your finger ONE tiny drop at atime , make sure his nose is outof the line of htedrop otherwise he is going tosraert sneezing and weezing , Icant go into what will comenext its too hard to sayand going to be veryhard for you to watch.

gypsy wrote:
Puppy hand feeding formular isbest its formulated forrabbits as well ,JUST be very very carefulland let it drop onto the side ofyour finger ONE tiny drop at a time ,make sure his nose is out ofthe line of hte dropotherwise he is going to sraertsneezing and weezing , I cant gointo what will come next itstoo hard to say and going tobe very hard for youto watch.

I've seen it. I know what you mean, and it's awful.:(Hoping he's ok.

Rose

Late last night before I even tried tofeed him, I was sitting beside him in his box and he made this loudsqueaking, he was moving around like he was looking for something so Ipicked him up and mintues later he died in my hands. It was hard but Iheld in for awhile, now he is buried deep in the garden with a paintedstone that says "Wilbur". (Thank you so much guys for giving me thatname, it would have been harder and sadder if he still didnt have one)I cryed but it helped to know thathe's in a better place. SoI'm sending little "Wilbur to Rainbow Bridge".

Latest posts

Back