Litter Training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know tostart with Everything mustbe kept in one placebecause of her blindness , and fullyplan on this , I just upgradedtheir cage to a huge one lol (talk about losing a pair of bunnies in there ) .What I would like to do for them bothis get them to use a litter boxso cleaning wont beso tramatic on Blackie , poorgirl panics everytimesomeone moves in her cage ,untll she smells who it is, generally eitherCassi or I . And Starlacomes charging over all huff andblow ( kinda cute for now ), I know to put allpotty material in their bo x sothey get the idea but my fearis still the same as it was wheni accidently left the litter box in thefirst time , poor baby wasfalling and tumbling overit to the point i was afraid shewas going to injure herself.and I removed it , Thiswas also beforeStarla came to live with her .any suggestions orideas will be gratly a ppreciated.Thanks In Advance.

And if that's the problem and you can hold herthen maybe you can put her by the litter box and show her where it isand maybe put things around it that would warn her when she's gettingnear the box. I don't really know, that's a tough situation. :?

LOL yapoor baby she has tumbled overit repeatedly , now she wonteven go within a fewfeet of it , she would prefer it likeoutof the cage lol poor baby ,I did try and just put herin it , but the poor babyfreaks out and Starla comes overand tries to lead her out , Ithink I am going to maybe tryan old pie tin ( areal pie tin lol ) maybe itwill be easier for her butmy fear is I have alarge lid as a feed dish forher so she can reach without having to try to see .but I am afraid she will getconfused and potty in her food tray ?

I use a baking tin for Mocha- one of thosesquare ones. Is your current one high-sided? Is that why she getsscared of it, because she can't find a way out? The pie tin or a bakingtin would be low enough she could just step over it.

I would think she wouldn't get confused between the food and thelitter, just because of the smell. Although some babies potty in theirfood bowls, anyway.

ya shedoes tend to poopy inher food a bit , but actuallynot as bad as some buns ihave had llol , and ya the onei have right now is for smallferrets or rabbits kinda scooped out inthe front for access , I willcall my mother in law and get one ofthe good baking dishes lol . Ihad some but over the years theydisapeared.

Oh, I am so glad you are going with thepie tin. I wonder if your Hubby will say what Dale did," Are you littertraining them or baking them".

Blackie and Starla have so captured my heart. I love thosetwoso much. I love hearing about them. Post some pics whenyou can please. I'm sure I'm not the only that LOVES seeing them.

Tina

LOL Starla hasYellow foot syndrom right thisminute , lol need to dothe cleaning of thewhite footed baby beforeI can take picturesbut I will I surely promis e, ohbtw check your email!!

Can you train an older bunny to use a litter tray, or does anyone know any good sites about litter training?

Latest posts

Back