"Molianne", Pooky and Chance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molianne

Reaction score
Hello all!

I’m Sandra, 24, from Québec City in Canada. I have a bachelor’s degree in Translation, and I’m working in a car dealership. I have a wonderful man in my life to whom I’m happily engaged (the wedding’s in september!). I’m also a new bunny lover and owner, I had actually never thought I’d end up having bunnies in my house one day as I only had cats before, but with my fiancé being allergic to both cats and dogs, and with the help of some bunny owner friends, I just went “Why not”, and I don’t regret that move at all!

And so we went on our way to get Pooky in a Pet Shop, she was such an adorable small doe (she’s almost a year and a half now). She’s been spayed when she was six months old. She’s still pretty easily scared, but she does have her attitude (she just didn’t want to have anything to do with us for a whole three months period after her spaying!). We just love our “little chick” (now that was a very literal translation for “petite poule”, which is her actual French nickname...!).

Picture:
Pooky.jpg
(Caught dozing off)

At one point, we didn’t like seeing her in a small cage on the floor. She couldn’t even hop three times in a row... So I went on the Internet and Tada! We found ourselves building a three-floor bunny condo in which I could stand straight (before adding the floors, of course). She absolutely loved it! She loved it so much that she just wouldn’t even budge when was letting the door opened for her to get out. And still today, I do have to “help” her making a decision.

And then, even if she was in a luxurious condo, she seemed so alone in it... So we first tought about buying a new rabbit (this time, from a breeder), but we ended up in a bunny shelter. We did not bring any rabbit home on the first trip (they were all too big for the condo... and for Pooky!). But on the second one, on December 31[suP]st [/suP]2011, Chance was coming home.

We don’t know much of Chance’s story, except that he was abandoned when winter was setting in (so many wrongs from the previous owners on this!). A man saw him on his property and he decided he wanted to rescue him and bring him to the shelter instead of seeing him die because of the cold. Chance was obviously starving, he was so skinny...

Photo:
Chance.jpg
(Isn’t he photogenic now?)

Chance is everything Pooky is not: he (over)explores and he doesn’t get all stiff when we pick him off the ground. He’s a bit clumsy though. est tout le contraire de Pooky : hyper explorateur, il se laisse prendre sans se raidir d’un coup. He adopted us as much as we adopted him.

He got neutered a bit after we got him, but he took it well. He is now becoming Pooky’s best friend (can’t say it’s easy, but it’s definitely not impossible!).

So that’s my story. (I didn’t think I would write so much for an introduction...!)

I’ll keep posting about my very own experience at bunny-bonding and condo-building!

Also, to congratulate anyone who’s read all this, here’s a threat (that picture was taken when they had never been let out together at the same time):

PookyetChance.jpg

~Molianne

Welcome to RO!

Enjoyed your introductory story. Yes read it all, except for the French, sorry. You have lovely bunnies. Really love the last pic.

Look forward to hearing more about your bunnies.

K:)

Aww...so adorable! This forum definitely has a lot of information! There's been an answer to every question I've had so far. I hope you like it here

Hi Molianne (love your name), welcome to RO to a fellow Canadian:wave::Canada small:. What a great blog of 2 very ADORABLE Bunnies.

Can you please post a picture of Pooky's cage. It looks great what I can see. Do you have bricks along the bottom of the cage?

I can hardly wait to see more pictures and read on how the "Love Bunnies" bonding is going.

Susan:weee::bunnybutt:

Welcometo Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Hopefuly, your bunny will never get sick,if you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi Molianne (love your name), welcome to RO to a fellow Canadian:wave::Canada small:. What a great blog of 2 very ADORABLE Bunnies.

Can you please post a picture of Pooky's cage. It looks great what I can see. Do you have bricks along the bottom of the cage?

I can hardly wait to see more pictures and read on how the "Love Bunnies" bonding is going.

Susan:weee::bunnybutt:

Hey there :)

I sure will post more pictures of the cage - it was sooo much fun to build! I really like how it turned out. And what you could see is not brick, we actually tiled the whole cage (AND used Epoxy grout... messy work!).

When the post will be written and posted, I'll make sure to postthe link on this thread so you can find it easily. ;)

And thank you all for the warm welcomes! It's really appreciated :) I do believe I'll have tons of fun here!

~Molianne

Latest posts

Back