dirty rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove817

Reaction score
I havent been on in awhile, but a lot has happened. Ill give you some background. My fiance and I broke up, and I had to move home, so I left my rabbits with the ex, who is capable of taking care of them and said he was committed to making them happy. I spent a week going over how to properly care for them etc. After two weeks, I went back over to check on them, and he had not changed the litter box :X:X. Sasha seemed fine, but midas but was stained dark yellow and matted, so we went to the vet and had his but shaved and a got spray to give him twice daily. I yelled at the boyfriend for being an idiot and again went over the changing the litter box at least twice weekly. Well I trusted him to much. I am finally getting the rabbits, but Midas' butt is still stained yellow and has urine scald...again. I dont know what to do. I still have the spray from the vet, but does he need to be shaved again? What can I do to get the staining out? I have bunny shampoo that i can use. I am also planning on rebuilding his litterbox to have a grate, but he has pretty much stopped using the litterbox and just pees all over his cage. Its becoming a hassle checking his cage ever few hours to make sure he isnt sitting in his urine again. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I just want him to be healthy again :( (he has also lost a pound.. so he needs to be fattened back up)

Thanks for reading

Is it possible that he has a UTI or something? Sitting in urine isn't normal, even for a rabbit that goes everywhere because of lack of litter training. Plus, if a rabbit was litter trained and suddenly isn't anymore, it can be another sign of a UTI.

I didnt even think of that. Ill take him to a vet as soon as I get him back and have him looked at. I just feel so horrible.

Back