my 9 rabbits :3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would YOU have chosen if you were in that situation? (read my post first)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Circle

Reaction score
Well, I'm not really new to the rabbit owning thing, just to the forums :biggrin:

My first rabbit was Circle. She died in 2 days cuz I stupidly left her outside at night, and a HUGE HUGE rainstorm occured during the night :shock:She was found floating in her cage X( (I was only 9, don't blame me...............)

My second rabbit was Thumper, when I was almost 13. He died in within a little over a week, becuz I didnt know how to take care of rabbits. I never fed him pellets, only lettuce (I KNOW, HORRIBLE!), carrots,grass, andthese flower stems from a bush outside.I didn't mean to be a bad owner, my mom just kept stalling and stalling on getting a rabbit care book from the library (cuz we didn't have internet back then)!!!!!

But Thumper was the best rabbit I've EVER had. He was my bestest friend, and even though it's been 3 and a half years since his death (when I cried like a big baby), I still haven't and will never forget him. Those days together I will always cherish in my heart forever. </3

Next, when I was almost 16, I had seven rabbits.... They were a litter I got from my cousins. (Yep, took the whole brood :biggrin:) Me and my brother and sister named them, and we knew each one and their distinct personalities. In the end, however, seven was too much to handle. After a month, my mom forced us to take our pick of just 2, and the rest had to go. :shock:These were the rabbits (in order from biggest to smallest, and yep, I still remember):

Tito (girl): caring, outgoing.

Brownie (girl): aggressive, scary.

Jake (girl): super jumpy, lashed out in fear.

Bunny (boy): the most athletic, smartest.

Long (boy): fun-loving, easy-going.

(Flick and White died after about 3 days with us-- Flick was too cold, that's why during his death we brought the rabbit cage upstairs from the basement (he froze to death in basement). And White was actually stomped to death by the other baby bunnies in their cage the night that Flick died[!!!!!!]. Didn't really get a grasp on their personalities, just that Flick seemed to be jumpy, and White seemed to be calm.)

We chose our fav, Tito, and I made everyone choose Brownie, becuz I read that the most aggressive rabbit would later make the most affectionate pet once you work the aggressiveness out of them. We didn't choose any of the boy rabbits for a reason: they'd spray us when they were older.

My rabbits are now over 7 months old. This is how it's worked out for them. The book was right, Brownie is the most affectionate and energetic rabbit! I taught her a whole bunch of tricks in under a week! She's super smart :bunnyheart

As for Tito, even though she seemed promising, after we took the other sibling rabbits away, she changed drastically. Now all she does is sit there, and she's very afraid of us (but that's my fault, I'm always trying to pick her up :sigh:.) She's still very kind and sweet, though. That part hasn't changed. :)

Welcome to RO

I'm a little confused with your post for you say that you have Brownie and tito in the post but when I looked to your profile info you say you only have brownie now.. What happened to Tito?

I think you came to the right place for rabbit info, since there are a lot of experienced breeders/owners here that are more than willing to help out and inform you on what you need to know on the proper care of rabbits.

As for your question, I couldn't choose to be honest.

Welcome to Rabbits Online.

I must admit, I'm also rather curios as to what happened to Tito? Or is it just because he's a family rabbit you don't have him listed?

Oh, that's becuz Tito is my sister's now. :biggrin:Don't worry, nothing happened to her! And I did study A LOT on rabbits! I checked out the 3 most recent books on rabbits at my library, and took a lot of notes. It took me like, 23 whole hours straight. I guess I'm kinda OCD........:big wink:I hardly rested throughout last summer that day.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Welcome to the forum! We all make mistakes, all we can do is learn from them :) I definitely wasn't the best rabbit owner and still am not the best but life's all about learning and growing!

Welcome to RO! There are very good people here and they will all help you with rabbit care and give excellent advice. I am pretty new, been here for almost two years and still learning. I have learned from my mistakes as well and I keep a very close eye on my lovable rabbits, I only have two but they are my world.

Latest posts

Back