Wet fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nicole123 wrote:
Ever since yesterday, my rabbit has had the area under his mouth and chin wet. Does anyone know what this might be?

[align=center]I'm not experienced with this, but I've heard it being associated with heat stroke and/or teeth problems. Definitely check his teeth.. I hope he's okay!

This doesn't really need to be in the Infirmary, for now, I'll move it to the reg rabbits online forum, plus, you'll get a few more responses there is anyone else has ideas that they've experienced.;)

He may have overgrown molars or incisors that may need trimming and aren't wearing down normally. What kind of hay do you feed?

But, I've noticed this time to time w/ my buns, sometimes, if you are catching them after getting a drink of water, will be wet.

Here's a link from the library about teeth issues:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11901&forum_id=10

Sounds like teeth problems if it's consistent. My buns usually have wet chins after drinking or eating veggies, but if it's persistent long after meal time I would say teeth.

Latest posts

Back