Wiggly Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow

Reaction score
Hi, I'm putergeekgirl's son....Homer's dad Iguess you'd say. He's much wigglier than Corky, mom'sbunny. I was just wondering if theres any way to teach himnot to be so much.

Mom says its just the way he is and that he might get better after we get him fixed.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Hey Im not sure if youcan teach a bunny to sit,But if you find out let me know lol.My littlefayNay is wild not really a wild rabbit but she is a wild thang, shenever sits still for more than half a second.So i hold her tight so shecant move alot and i think its working becasue when i hold her looseshe dont move as much.I dont hurt her though i just hold her tightenough to let her know I AM BOSS not herlol.

Ashley....Thumps....FayNay

Sorry I couldn't really help but i try lol

Ohh.Well i dont know then.FayNay is Hyper when she is outside for her hourand a half playtime she runs all over my backyard and runs from melol.Thumper she stays by my side oftenly,she has her moods too butusally she is right there next to me, unless a dog barks down the roadand she hides under a chair or a swing lol.They dont like the sound ofdogs barking

Sometimes certain rabbits just don't like to sitstill. It may get better as he gets older, or it may not. Neutering mayhelp... or it may not. Your bunny must just have lots of energy andlove to run around and play. Sometimes working with them, holding them,talking to them a lot... things like that can help. I know w/ our showrabbits we get them out and pose them, over and over, everyday so thatthey'll know to stay still on the table. Just a thought....

Kat

actully, i taught 2 of my bunnys to sit. i'vealso taught 2 of them to come to me when i call them. it's very timeconsuming to teach them to sit but if you have the time, it's prettyfun to see the progress. of course, this doesn't work for all bunnies,i still have one who refuses to listen.

the first step is to be able to let your bunny run around freelywithout any sort of distraction. if the bunny already likes to come toyou then this makes it much easier. otherwise, you'll have to bepatient and wait for your bunny to be curious enough to come to you onit's own.

the next step is to use food. this might sound harsh but try not tofeed it the day you want to train it. sit the bunny on the ground infront of you while you sit, not kneel. use it's favorite treat (minelike sunflower feeds and bananas) to lure it. when it starts nibbling,take it away and push it's bottom to the ground. when it's in a sittingposition, bring the food to it. if you do it too slowly, you're bunnywill get up and move to the food. if you do it too fast, you'll scareit and it'll run. try to keep the food in it's eye sight so it knowsyou didn't take it away. if you press it's bottom to the ground andbring the food to it, it remembers to stay seated and you'll reward it.it takes a lot of training and a lot of time but it works.

right now 2 of my 3 bunnies follow it. when they're hungry, they comeand stand against my leg and when i look to them, they sit down or situnder my chair. when i head to get them some food or treats, they runto me and sit down in front of me. it's really cute to see :D

Latest posts

Back