PETA euthanizes 50 of 52 rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should add, for those who wont read it, they had a kill rate of 97% they euthanized nearly every animal that they took in. 50 out of the 52 rabbits + other small animals that they had in their care were euthanized, only two found homes. Those are the stats for 2009.

yeah, its what I expected to :( its just sad. I always believed in PETA until I learned of their mission to practically boycott the adoption of all Pit Bulls... Its just crazy that they are called the people for the ethical treatment of animals when what they do is so injust and down right inhumane...

irishbunny wrote:
Stupid PETA, a lot of people support them because they think they help animals when really they don't.
:yeahthat: I do not like anything PETA does. They are so strange. The woman who is the head of PETA used to say she wanted humans to not exist for the sake of animals. Now this? So crazy!

Not suprising. PETA has been banned from both Canyon County and Western Idaho Fairs. This is after they went through the barn and opened cages. At Western Idaho many rabbits and poultry were killed. they have let cattle go and let horses out of their stalls, etc. There is actually a rule that if a PETA member is found on the fair grounds they are to be arrested. my parents have a friend on the board and one of the leaders for my 4h club is also on the board. There have been a few cases since this rule came about. PETA cares nothing for animals. More animals end up being hurt or killed than helped because of them. If only they could see how spoiled our animals are.

Crystal

their ideas are unrealistic, sure perhaps in a perfect world we would never have developped a need or want for pets, but I think it's fair to say that the world isn't perfect and that they should be taking out their frustrations on the people who don't properly take care of their pets rather than pet owners as a whole. PETA imho, is horrid.

PETA is only out to raise money to pay themselves. Newkirk the President is a millionare. Everybody rightbelow her is rich...go figure.

PETA is horrible.. :c this makes me wanna cry. i posted a facebook status about this, so my friends can see how horrible they are as well.

It's not just PETA as is pointed out in these articles. The Humane Society is about as bad. It makes very little attempt to adopt it's animals. My husband and I have 5 adopted kids, we past the home study with flying colors, but the Humane Society won't let us adopt a dog!!

our HUmane Society lets ANYBODY adopt a dog..i mean anybody...i used to live on a bad side of town...i turned in more neighhbors who didnt care for their dogs then i can remember..they came out to inspect these people and NEVER took the animals away from them ..never...some of these dogs were malnourished and puking up green foam..and it wasnt from eating grass cuz they had no grass in their back yards...i cant handle stuff like this...ive done things that were illegal to help these animals ...the animals come first for me...always have always will.

Wow, didnt even have to read all of it. PETA is a disgrace to everything that shelters and veterinary medicine stands for, that woman leading them needs to be booted out of her position, and the world needs to know they are supporting the death of animals. I am ashamed to have even looked at their website years ago.

I also just posted it on facebook, so others can be just as disgusted as i am

PETA are just extremists. I don't believe any extremist for ANY cause will be good.

I understand what they mean about wishing humans didn't exist for the sake of the animals. I really do. I don't wish this myself, but I see where they are coming from, because it's something I think about a lot.
We cause a horrendous amount of suffering for millions of animals. We disrupt nature and ecosystems in a horrific manner. We torture animals every day- pets mistreated- eg. rabbits (who we all have a passion for here) left alone in a box at the end of a garden on a poor diet, neglect, animal testing, circus animals, bad zoos, and of course the meat industry and fur industry.
Just think of chickens...all the fast food outlets. The battery hens you buy your eggs from (I refuse to do this- everything I buy is free range...but what can you do when you go out for dinner or buy a ready meal? Surely not free range....). They have had torturous, pain-filled lives. Debeaking, urine scald, broken limbs, not being able to move just being a few tortures that humans would go to jail for many years for doing if we even attempted to do this to eachother.

Because animals don't have a voice...we need someone to speak for them. Hence the creation of PETA and other societies!! But even they are corrupt and do so much harm as well as some good ('some' good).

I find PETA a preachy bunch, I really do. Why should everyone be vegetarians, because animals 'have the right to life'? That is so WRONG- it goes against NATURE. Carnivores are natural and here from the beginning of time! So it is natural to eat meat. HOWEVER...I agree with vegetarianism because of the WAY we treat our meat animals. THAT should be the reason they promote vegetarianism- stopping these terrible conditions cows and pigs and chickens etc. have to endure.

It makes me hurt physically every day when I think of so many animals having bad lives- pets and meat animals etc. etc. Everywhere there are animals being mistreated.

Even that lady who put the cat in the bin- everyone found it funny when we were sitting watching the tv. Yet I was near tears and felt so much anger. Okay it looked weird and the cat wasn't hurt. But what if it wasn't found? It would have died of starvation, alone, in the dark, crying. That b*tch got less than she deserved.

Jen

jcottonl02 wrote:
Just think of chickens...all the fast food outlets. The battery hens you buy your eggs from (I refuse to do this- everything I buy is free range...but what can you do when you go out for dinner or buy a ready meal? Surely not free range....). They have had torturous, pain-filled lives. Debeaking, urine scald, broken limbs, not being able to move just being a few tortures that humans would go to jail for many years for doing if we even attempted to do this to eachother.

I find PETA a preachy bunch, I really do. Why should everyone be vegetarians, because animals 'have the right to life'? That is so WRONG- it goes against NATURE. Carnivores are natural and here from the beginning of time! So it is natural to eat meat. HOWEVER...I agree with vegetarianism because of the WAY we treat our meat animals. THAT should be the reason they promote vegetarianism- stopping these terrible conditions cows and pigs and chickens etc. have to endure.

I just have to say that not all meat animals are treated this way. some companies actually do treat their animals very nicely I have seen it. and the 4H/FFA animals are very spoiled. I should know I do Steers every year and cry when I have to let them go.

Yes some campanies do treat their animals like crap. but I know for a fact thatmost of the companies that companieslike burger king and mcdonalds gets their food from are very nicely upkept and clean and the animals are taken very good care of because they have rules and codes they have to follow. There are some companies that are crap but there honestly are not many like that anymore due to agroterrorism being a huge threat. Even feedlots have to be very tidy and upkept otherwise they are shut down. food safety is huge and with the COOL program in place the USDA is even more sensitive to food safety and everyone more keen to keeping everything in tip top shape. And since the youtube video release of the company that was abusing their cattle and roling them with skidsteers and things the USDA has cracked down on animal safety. this is not the america of ten years ago alot has changed. I would urge you to go study about COOL NAIS and the USDA and rules on companies providing food for companies that providefood to millions. you would be suprised by the amount of rules and regulations they have to follow and they have monthly checks to insure everything is in tip top shape if its not they are fined put on a leash until things are fixed or if it is bad enough shut down and if they dont fix it they are shutdown.

Also they CAN NOT be free range due to diseases that are easily picked up from other birds and pests. This is what happened in Europe. There was alot of free rangechickens as well as chickens in barns that were not closed off. birds carrying avian influenza got to those chickens and it spread in the flocks well when new chickens were brought into the sealed areas then the chicken carrying the diease spread it to all those. That is why now there are rules that any of the chickens that will be providing food must have a vet check before being moved and that when entering a new place no matter where it is they must have full shots vet checked ect.

that is the same for any animals anymore. there is all kinds of paperwork with animals that are to be used for meatand they have to have all their shots but canot have any medications within 30 days of being slaughtered as well as being vet checked and have a blood test before going to the kill floor.

there are a bunch of false truths out there and PETA's debate is only true about an America 10, 20, even50 years ago. Their argumaents and many other peoples argument especially for vegitarianism IS NOT true of our American Meat Industry today. I urge you all to do your research before jumping on the bandwagon of the meat industry is bad and the abuse animals ect. because for the most part it is highly untrue.

Crystal

This is one of the discussions we avoid in this forum because it can be inflammatory and extreme.

We discourage strongly pro-PETA talk and pro-meat discussions, they are no-win topics.

I'm inclined just to lock this thread right now, but if people want to respond to the topic, which is specifically PETA's euthanization practices, I will leave it open.

If responses continue to discuss the meat industry, it will be closed.

Thank you for understanding.

sas :expressionless

Latest posts

Back