Larry & Nancy Bunny Village

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image008.jpg

0929061000.jpg

112906_14441.jpg

110606_18281.jpg

110606_18272.jpg

110606_18271.jpg

110606_18261.jpg

102606_09281.jpg

102006_15311.jpg

081006_18201.jpg

062407_13161.jpg

061607_17101.jpg

050907_16121.jpg

050207_07541.jpg

042407_18241.jpg

032107_16151.jpg

031307_13131.jpg

031307_13051.jpg

030107_12491.jpg

021507_16401.jpg

yes we do! Over the last decade we've rescued 37 bunnies, had them all neutered, and when we could find a suitable home we adopted them out and believe me it wasn't easy to make it through our screening. We move to Vegas from Central Calif. two years ago with 17 bunnies still in our charge. We've had to say bye to a few as they've passed to the "bridge". Ted was well over 12 years and Mr. B was more than ten years so it was expected, just not easy. The hardest was when our first rescue, Commander Bun-Bun (name courtesy of the Drew Carey Show) faded out of our life. She was such a tuff, fearless little bunny that we thought she'd be with us much longer. Our latest acquisition came from Arizona and we had lots of help getting her here. We love our bunnies and can't imagination life with out them.

I'm kind of down in the dumps today. Charlene, our little Agouti ND has been off here feed for two day and doesn't seem interested in eating. Over the last couple of months she's been slowing down. Not eating as much, sleeping more and just laying around. We've had her for a little over six years, so I think she's probably around 10 now--was fairly certain she is our oldest rabbit. She was rescued the same time as Ted--he passed away 3 months ago and he was definitely very old but such a sweet boy. When we first got Charlene her nails were almost curled around on themselves. We took her in for a neuter and found out that it had already been done, but the vet removed a gigantic bladder stone so it all worked out for the best. She was a very shy rabbit that had never been handled much so it took a little bit to gain her trust. Since then, she's turned into a very sweet, nosy little bunny. I'm afraid that I will be placing a rainbow bridge announcement before too long. TTFN

Love all pics of your bunnies. They are so adorable ! Charlene seems to be a very sweet girl :) And it's hard to hear when our beloved bunny is getting old. I don't want to think about my girl when she will be old :( I always like to hear the stories of your bunnies. :)

Thanks. It is hard as they age and you know you'll have to say goodbye. Definitely something we don't like to dwell on. The only real blessing we can have is that they go peacefully at home--hate having to make that last vet trip and be around strangers and in a strange place.

"So it is written, so it shall be"--Charlene past to the bridge a little after 2 this morning. We are going to bury her in the yard with one of her favorite toys next to Stewart, Ted, and Bonnie. Definitely not one of my favorite chores to have to do. We're thankful that she went peacefully and here at home. We will miss her so much--she was a sweet, happy little bunny. I'll always remember her running around in the rabbit room chinning everything and how she use to jump around in her hutch and carry on when it was treat time and time for vegetables. Rest in peace my little one, we love you and miss you.

Oh Larry,i just found your blog..and your bunnies are all just adorable.....but i am so sorry to hear about Charlene...it sounds like she had a great life with you guys though...what more could a bunny ask for.

It's a great feeling when you rescue and help an unwanted or abandoned bunny....i gave my Maggie a home..she was living on the streets until she made a home in my sons friends front yard in a bush....the only thing is i have no idea on her age...she has been with me since the 26th Jan 06.

Everyone is fine. All of our rabbits are doing quite well. It seems that eating cardboard has become the new past time in our house.

Will take some pictures soon.

Hi,

You have very cute bunnies. They look like they rest alot and are very comfy.

We need more pictures and could you possibly put a name to the bunnies when you post the pictures. :biggrin:

Susan:)

Okay, the names in ascending order as follows: Nikki (Bunnicula II), Danzig, Cheri, Cheri, Spike, Peter, Ted (RIP), Coal, Nikki, post neuter as you an see the bare spot on her belly, Commander Bun-Bun, Serena on Nancy, Nikki, Bambi, Nikki, Bonnie --(RI)), Ted, Bonnie the world class sleeper, Nikki also a contender for world class sleeper, Serena and her ball, and Nikki in the sun.

How are you holding up? I can only imagine... I've never been lucky enough to have one bunny in my life that long. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you right now. Thinking of you. :rose:

We are doing fine. We knew Hoss was very old for a rabbit, and, was talking with my son about him the other day and about being prepared. The problem is that none of our bunnies are young anymore. So, you have to cherish the time that is given you. Sure do miss our big boy.

Hey Nancy & Larry! I haven't really been on RO in quite some time, so I have fallen out of the loop. I was wondering how Miss Lilly was? I still miss that sweet girl.

Latest posts

Back