Emergency travel kennel

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002AT3M4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I was looking at this kennel for the two squirts travel kennel. More for a emergency hurricane or what not. Storm current kennel is the size this would be if I had to split it with the divider.

I wanted to know what every thought.

Now three things to consider.

1 I will be in someone else home or a hotel that does not own rabbits.

2 Phoenix and Bosses kennel is the same size that they split so stacking would be easy and a must at that size.

3 If they don't bond I would use the divider to house both in the same kennel. If they do bond I would still use the same kennel without the divider.

They would most likely not get run time. No ex pen attached. When we had to evacuate last time we where on the road more then at a set place for a good three weeks.

The most I could do at best would be maybe putting on in there travel carrier for a hour, and taking the divider out so they go some exercise but that would be in a good condition.

This will only be in the event of evacuation of our apartment. Not for anything else.

I do know its not ideal. But what does everyone think about this kennel Phoenix has the same one in the house.
Oh an both of my evacuation houses has limited me to two kennels for all four. So boss would be mashed to not just the buns. He would be splitting one with Phoenix same size. But we already have their Boss and Phoenix that is.

I have to be able to house both buns not just Storm.

Last edited by a moderator:
We bought one of these when we traveled cross country from NY to AZ last month. The size was 36' long by 22" wide whichI believe is the one you are looking at. It slid right into the back seat of our car very easily. We only have one rabbit so she had run of the entire cage. We put her litter box, hay rack, pellet dispenser and water bottle with it. We also put a small cardboard box 5"deep by 5" high by 12" long as a hide box in the cage. Our rabbit spent most of her time in the hide box when we were on the road. We did bring an exercise pen when we spent the night at a motel.

Depending on the size of your two bunnies, this should work for you for emergency travel.

No they would travel in the car in carriers like cat carriers. This would be for in the houses we would have to stay at. I have a four door car and 2 adults and four pets.

We would not be able to have a ex pen of any kind. Both the evacuation house are four bedroom house which in the event of a evacuation would have 15 plus people. Mostly 10 plus pets including my four.
There would be two buns in the same size carrier. If they bond it would be no divider if they don't bond it would be only half of the kennel.

Storm is a Netherland Dwarf and Jessi is a holland lop.

We would be traveling to Dallas or San Antonio. Four to five hour drive. Depending on where the Storm is coming from.

Hurricane season starts in June. So I need to be ready by then.

Back