Midas and me :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove817

Reaction score
So I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for awhile, and I finally decided to do it :).

So here is a little background info-

My name is Rebekah. I live with my fiancé David. I'm currently in college working on my bacholor's in biology (with hopes of becoming a doctor some day). I currently own one bunny named Midas. He is a male mini lop and the love of my life (Just don't tell David that!). He is one of the only things that make me really happy, and I worry about him the way I would a child (and spoil him rotten).

This is my first bun, and boy have I learned a lot! When I first got Midas I had no idea what it was like to have a bunny, and now I don't think I'll ever be able to not have one. I'm a forever bunny slave :D.

The most exciting thing going on right now is the addition of a new bun here. I am adopting a female mixed rabbit from a local shelter. I am going to fill out all the paperwork tomorrow and find out when I can pick her up. I'm really excited (and terrified about bonding and the poo wars I know are about to occur). I'll make sure to post pictures tomorrow :).

I woke up this morning to Midas inside of the hay bin. He somehow managed to escape his cage and jump over the barrier I have in place to protect the hay. He looked like a very happy bunny! He is so smart!

I am about to leave to go to the humane society, I hope I can pick her up soon!

awww isaw the thead about your new girl, shes a doll and im sure Midas will fall in love with her :)

hes suc a cute bun, too. sooooo you should start the blog outwith some pictures!!! you know...like baby ones lol and now ones so we can get googly eyed over him

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.....even if folks don't post much - I'm sure we'll be reading - and you'll find later on that you will look back on your stories and pictures and remember the happy times and be glad you wound up blogging.

Looking forward to hearing more stories!

bunnylove817 wrote:
I currently own one bunny named Midas.

:ponder::nosir:i think you will find that midas owns you! he has gotten you and david wrapped around his little bunny paws. your sole purpose in life is to cater to his every whim:p dont worry tho' we are all the same on RO

am now hopping off to find other thread and have a look at midas' new friend:)

edited for spelling;)

awww he was such a cute baby!!!! i love how hes got some almost chinchilla coloring where the black and white is reall mixed up on his fur

and now you can make up for it by takin lots of pics!!

p.s. you will need to take lots of pics with the ms. bun when you get her home

I plan on it! He is actually a broken goldtip (which is why he has the chinchilla type coloring) It was really noticeable when he was younger (hence the name King Midas) but it has mostly gone away since he has aged. Every molt he is less and less gold.

well here are a few pictures of the soon to be Mrs. Midas. I might pick her up tonight!!!! :D :D

My angry rant for the day--

Midas has decided that I was a bad momma for sterilizing HIS cage, so he feels the need to pee and poo ALL over it :X not to mention that he keeps throwing his hay ALL over his cage. I don't know how you guys keep your cages so clean, his cage is always a disaster area! There is little bits of hay everywhere... I guess carpet wasn't a good idea..

ANDD I had to miss all of my classes today and call off work because David (who is a 5th grade teacher) brought home pink eye and gave it to me.. which makes me unable to wear my contacts, so im pretty much blind. I'm stuck inside until he gets home :grumpy:

Can rabbits get pink eye? I'm on antibiotics so I don't know if its contagious or not

HORRIBLE YOU FOR CLEANING HIS CAGE

-.- i just dont do big cleans cause my buns get super mad..i clean my cage daily with a vac but since i never close them up in the cage there is hay strewn throughout my room and all over their cage along with poops everywhere

and thats horrible! ive been lucky enough to never get pink eye. but i dont think rabbits can get it...guess you wont be gettin ms midas tonight?

Midas and the future Mrs. Midas are both adorable! Did they say what mix the Mrs. is? Feel better and take care of that eye!

Sasha is now home :]

I put Sasha in Midas' cage (There is a a barrier between the two of about 3 inches) and Midas flipped out!!! He is trying to attack her through the cage but Sasha is just sitting there looking at him. I don't know if thats a bad sign or not :/. Now they are just sitting at the barrier giving each other the "bunny butt".

I hope they get along, I'll do another bunny date probably this weekend or next week, once she has settled in.

Welcome Home Sasha!! :) :wave:

He's not use to someone in his territory but it sounds like he got over it quick. Lol. I hope it works out. :)

Edit: Do their bunny dates in a neutral area like the bath tub :)

well since you just brought Sasha home i wouldnt start bonding her yet!!
wait a week for her to settle in a bit get used to all the smells and give Midas a chance to get used to her smell.
hes gonna be stressed cause the new bun and we dont need her stressing right when she gets home.
so for now dont try and force them to be friends just let Sasha settle in Midas get used to her smell

I think thats the best way to go here. I've never bonded buns before and I really don't know what to do. I've read almost everything there is to read, but its different actually doing it :/. I want to let Sasha get used to me as well. I'd like her to somewhat bond with me before Midas, I think it would be easier that way.

I think she is starting to relax a little, she was just eating some hay and a little bit of pellets. I'm excited to see how she does during free time tomorrow, I'm almost worried she is going to pee/poo all over my living room since it smells like Midas, although so far she has done really well in her cage.

This is all just so exciting! (unlike the crap ton of calc homework I have.. stupid college.)

Good blog :)

Midas is such a cutie, like others said I like his colouring.

And Sasha (lol I have two friends called Sasha) is so pretty. She is also a lovely colour. And I swear she has bigger than average sized eyes haha in a good way! she is adorable.

I am also going to be blogging about bonding, so maybe we can share tips and stories over the next few weeks or months :)

I also agree to let Sasha settle in first before you start the bonding.

We will def have to share tips! It's going to be a fun experience :D.

Here are a few pictures from here first night here. You can see my barricade I made.

--What is that GIRL doing in my cage??

--I'm tryin to eat here woman

--The pretty miss Sasha

--Laying at the border between the two cages

Sorry for the picture overload. :]

Latest posts

Back