bunny thumpping at cat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gray_Lady

Reaction score
I have a question, the weather has been getting cooler and since the weather change my bunny has been chasing my cat around, wanting be with me when ever possible, btw the bunny is a male unneauter rabbit about a year 3 mounths.

this morning i saw him binkie for the first time since getting him a month ago. and tonight he started thumpping and doing soft groaning to my cat.

I am not to sure if its a territorial thing or a love thing, he doesn't do it to my other cat who is female at all.

My cat and the bunny are good friend, my cat grooms him all the time.

I am just wondering what this is all about. I hope some one can enlighten me.

I think he thinks you and the cat are his girlfriends. Time for a neuter!

edit: I think the behavior change is more likely to be caused by him feeling comfortable in his new home, not the weather change, since they usually get amorous in the spring instead of fall.

well i am happy that my bunbun is happy, I am worried about getting another bunny because i here horror stories about bounding issues, and i do want him to get him fixed before I add another bun to the mix.

It doesn't look like you need to get another bun, since your cat seems to fill in as the friend! =)

That's a very cute video. I love to see animals that are different species getting along! =)

my foster bunny thumps when the cats , especially my one cat, walks away. He also tries to spray her, and i have gotten caught in between the two of them once, not fun. in his previous home he use to play with the kittens in the house and my cat that he likes always rubs up against the cage and hangs there with him, so i think he likes her. I am hoping the spraying stops after he is nuetered lol

Back