Seen any good movies lately?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
I've been bored with the "same-ol', same ol'" movies that we've been watching. Nothing in theaters looks too promising, but I could be wrong. I haven't seen about 90% of the movies that have come out in the last few years. We have Netflix, so we randomly pick movies to watch, but yeah. We're bored.

So, which movies have you seen lately, and how did you like them? Please share!

:biggrin2:

I just got done watching Der Untergang. It's a subtitled movie about Hitler's last days. I know most people don't like reading movies though.

I also just watched Thank You For Smoking and it's smart and hilarious. One of my new favorites.

"Funny People" with Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen was really really good. Not a comedy like Apatows other movies but still with its funny moments. It phocuses on a comedian who finds out he has leukemia and how he deals with it.

Very very good film in my opinion.

I recently watched 'Juno' and 'I now pronounce you Chuck And Larry', love both of them, especially Chuck & Larry, I also saw Michael Jackson's 'Moonwalker', it was brilliant!

Gran Torino
The best movie i have ever seen HaHa.
It has comedy, And a happy and sad ending at the same time, i really like it, i do not see how anyone could dislike it.

I just watched 'Into the Wild' with Emile Hirsch, and it was WONDERFUL. We saw it on Friday (at home, on IFC), and I still think about it regularly.

It's really a great movie...and a true story! :)

Ahhh I want to see "Funny People"! Judd Apatow is my god, LMAO! I love everything he does.

We recently saw "The Proposal" and I really really did enjoy that one, it was cute and HILARIOUS!

We also saw "The Ugly Truth" and it was what I expected it to be as far as formula goes, but MAN was it WAYYYY naughtier than I expected! LMAO Just some things shouldn't come out of Katherine Heigl's mouth.

I'm on the same boat! Nothing out in the theaters lately looks that appealing.

If you're talking about Netflix, must be movies available on DVD right?
Juno was very, very smart, quirky and funny.
Slumdog Millionaire was very entertaining.
One of the new releases (I think it's still new) is Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Watch it with an open mind -- I thought it was very good.
Little Miss Sunshine was a very funny, sarcastic film.
There's a Will Smith movie (action drama flick) that I saw a while back which was decent - The Legend.
One of my favorite movies: Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
Batman Begins and The Dark Knight - both totally awesome movies, and I'm not even a Batman "fan" or comic fan.
And don't laugh - Curious George the Movie is SO sweet.

I've heard that G-Force was cute, but I don't know if it's worth $15 for two people to see it. I know, I'm cheap. A lot of the time, we wait for movies to come out on video, then see them. I mean, it only takes a couple of months for them to make it to DVD! :p

As far as the other suggestions go, we've seen Kill Bill 1 & 2, and own them, and we've also seen Juno, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, Little Miss Sunshine, I Am Legend, and the two Batman movies. The only ones that I keep looking back at that I would like to see are Gran Torino, Slumdog Millionaire, the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, etc. We also love comedies. A lot of newer comedies just aren't funny, though. I don't know, we're picky I guess.

fear71851 wrote:
Gran Torino
The best movie i have ever seen HaHa.
It has comedy, And a happy and sad ending at the same time, i really like it, i do not see how anyone could dislike it.
I've got that from Netflix right now, haven't found time to watch it yet. Looking forward to it.

kherrmann3 wrote:
I've heard that G-Force was cute, but I don't know if it's worth $15 for two people to see it. I know, I'm cheap. A lot of the time, we wait for movies to come out on video, then see them. I mean, it only takes a couple of months for them to make it to DVD! :p

As far as the other suggestions go, we've seen Kill Bill 1 & 2, and own them, and we've also seen Juno, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, Little Miss Sunshine, I Am Legend, and the two Batman movies. The only ones that I keep looking back at that I would like to see are Gran Torino, Slumdog Millionaire, the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, etc. We also love comedies. A lot of newer comedies just aren't funny, though. I don't know, we're picky I guess.

oh yeah! You're right it is I Am Legend! Hehe.
I would only say don't watch Watchmen. I totally didn't get it.
How about some comedy tv DVDs? I love Arrested Development. Funniest thing I have ever seen.

LOL...I didn't understand the Watchmen hype either. My husband was SO EAGER to see it...so we did...and I just didn't like it. Can't pinpoint one aspect, necessarily...it just seemed to contain a lot of unnecessary things...and not enough plot to back it up.

LOVE 'I am Legend'. Also love 'Hancock'. Love just about every Will Smith movie I see, actually.

Here are a few others I love:

The Girl Next Door
Pursuit of Happyness

I'm sure there are more...but I'm falling asleep at the keyboard, lol!

kherrmann3 wrote:

I just heard a reveiw of G-Force from a critic I generally agree with. He said he found that it was not all that great, and unlike some animated films that have some content for adults as well as children (like Ratatouille, Bolt, et.), he found that it really didn't have anything to interest older kids or adults. Considering that I fell asleep during both Ratatouille and Bolt, looks like I will be skipping G-Force!

Saw Slumdog a while ago, I thought it was really good. Beyond the story, it was visually beautiful. Just saw Benjamin Button, and it was a really nice story. My husband even liked it, and he's really picky about movies like that. I agree, watch it with an open mind, as it is quite fanciful. (A lot of people I know who didn't like it said it was "unbelievable." Well, of course it is, it's supposed to be!

Also just saw Revolutionary Road. It was not super-engaging until about 3/4 of the way through; I *totally* didn't expect that ending. (I haven't read the book/story it's based on.) Otherwise, I found it fairly dry. I prefer Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I am a lot less picky about movies now that we have Netflix. I will get movies that I might not otherwise choose. My philosophy is that I am paying the same amount every month, if I watch 2 movies or if I watch 20, so I might as well watch a lot of different things. Since the alternate to watching what might turn out to be a bad movie is usually watching what might turn out to be bad tv, I'm not really out anything.

I recently watched:

Knowing with Nicholas Cage, not bad
Hotel For Dogs, very cute
Charlie Wilson's War, excellent
Revolutionary Road, not very good. Beth that ending was unbelievable.
Underworld Evolution, very good
Twlight, great
Changeling, ohhh that was an interesting story not what I expected

maherwoman wrote:
Can't pinpoint one aspect, necessarily...it just seemed to contain a lot of unnecessary things...and not enough plot to back it up.
Like giant blue male genitalia? That's what I didn't get... *thinks about odd blue do-hinky & shudders* We saw Watchmen in the theatres, and we were so confused. I will admit that I liked Rorschach, though. As a character, they are about as creepy as they come, but oh so cool. My boyfriend thinks that Dr. Manhattan's "thingy" is the unofficial mascot of the Watchmen after seeing that movie.

We bought the newer Journey to the Center of the Earth, with Brendan Frazier. We both loved it! I watch that movie once every two weeks or so. I highly recommend it. :)

The latest movie I saw was "Up" and it was wonderful! I had some concerns it would be too much of a "kid movie" but it wasn't at all. I will definitely be purchasing it later on.

Latest posts

Back