Hi From Ontario!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannuck

Reaction score
We are new to rabbits. We currently have 2 but will be adopting another very soon. Our current rabbits are Timbit, a lop of some sort and Miss Issabelle, I'm not sure what breed she is. Timbit is a very docile rabbit. Once we got him home, cleaned up and nails trimmed ect... he seemed grateful and has been rewarding us ever since. He is about 4 yrs. old. Miss Issabelle, though still affectionate is more high strung and playful. She is about 4 months old and we were told she "may" be pregnant as we were leaving with her. I purchased her on a last minute whim after seeing her living conditions. I couldn't leave her there :( Our soon to be new arrival is a netherland dwarf doe. I had always wanted rabbits as I used to help care for a holland lop when I was younger, but have never had one of my own. When our daughter started asking us for one I seen my opportunity :) I look forward to learning from all of you!:biggrin2:

3754481519_dbc281c33e_m.jpg
3754481109_40fa89db99_m.jpg

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum :)

Miss Isabelle and Timbit are gorgeous :D Miss Isabelle looks like she has some lionhead in her.

How long ago did you get her? Are they living together or separately?

I look forward to seeing you around and seeing more pictures of your pair and your third when she arrives :)

Take care

Tracy

Hi! Thank you! I was wondering if Miss Isabelle might have lionhead, she is really fluffy around the cheeks. Her fur is so soft too!
Right now they are in seperate cages and are let out seperately several times a day.
Timbit who we were assured was female is very obviously an uneutered male rabbit. I am not against breeding, but I am not ready for that yet and I believe that Miss Isabelle is way too young. That's why we decided on adopting another female, so she could have a rabbit companion. We may adopt another male for Timbit but I'm not sure how that would work. In time we will see, we're not in a rush. We are working on building a play pen for the girls today so we will see how that goes as well. It will only be until we get the rabbit room done :)

That's really sensible to keep them apart :)

I would suggest not bonding her with anyone until she is spayed because right now her hormones are going to be turned upside down with adolescence and that's when the potential for fights between bonded rabbits is very high.

Aside from that, she is potentially pregnant so should be kept alone until at least 35 days after you got her so that if she does kindle it will be as safe as possible for her and kits (if she was with someone she might attack that bun).

Have you looked into getting Timbit neutered? That would be far safer than getting another unneutered male, because again, hormones can cause all sorts of nasty fights potentially.

If you got both the girls spayed and him neutered then potentially you could try and bond them into a trio. I have a couple of trios (one female, female, male and the other male, male, female) and they are really lovely. might be worth some thought :)

Welcome to the forum Cannuck! :Canada small: :D

Timbit sounds like a wonderful bunny.

If Miss Issabelle is pregnant, that might explain some of her moodiness. Are you able to palpitate her?

I have no idea how to palpate a rabbit :) She has been shredding paper, laying on her side and eating alot. We should know in time :)

I am wondering if she may be a mini rex/lionhead cross? She's almost as big as Timbit.

First let me welcome you to the forum! This is a great site, very active and with lots of friendly people.

Your bunnys are beautiful, looks like Tracy has given you some great advice too. Now for my :twocentson Miss Issabelle, I agree that she looks like she has some lionhead in her, but the ring around her eye reminds me of a Hotot. Does she have a similiar ring around her other eye? Thats my two cents, that and 48 morewill get you a can of soda.;)

Glad your here and I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about your life as a bunny slave.

Dave

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I agree that she looks like she has some lionhead in her, but the ring around her eye reminds me of a Hotot. Does she have a similiar ring around her other eye?

She does have a similiar ring around the other eye but neither are very uniform. Don't the hotots have more of an "eyeliner" look about them?

I really see a lot of the rex rabbit in her but am by far no expert and only guessing. Either way she is sweet and very tolerant of our children, not near as tolerant as Timbit but he is "special", lol.

Welcome to RO Danielle! :bunny24

Miss Isabelle is very pretty, I love her name as well.
Of course TimBit is adorable, I'm partial to Lops (even though neither of my boys are).

I look forward to seeing your third bun-kid!

Latest posts

Back