Bunny toy ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrChelle

Reaction score
So Ive only had my bunny for like a week and a half, but I cant seem to find any toys he is interested in. I have boxes with shredded paper and cardboard, he doesnt touch it except to sleep half in. He has a bigger box with 2 holes in it, with all sorts of paper in it, no interest. Toilet paper rolls, a wicker ball with a bell inside of it, nothing. Does anyone have some cheap ideas of toys he might like? Any suggestions would be welcome :) Thanks!

My bunnies all have wiffle balls in their cages to play with. If your bunny doesn't play with toys it's ok. I have had several rabbits that have no interest in toys at all.

Some bunnies just don't play with toys. One of mine mostly ignores his toys. He does have a grassy ball that he likes to put into his litterbox, but all his other toys sit neglected. He doesn't play with the ball, he just puts it in the litterbox each time I take it out.

Your bunny might show interest in the toys you have already given him, after some time. My other bunnies ignore a toy for months, then suddenly they can't play with it enough. A few days later, they ignore it again.

Have you tried a tunnel. My babies love running in and out of their tunnel. :)Also, hanging toys. You can buy them in the Big Bird section at PetsMart. -Plastic and Wood toys

:biggrin2:...April

I hope he will eventually like to play with toys, for my sake lol. I just worry about him being too bored at night/when he is in his cage. And since Im litter training him atm, Im keeping him in a little more than I was before. Ill try hanging toys, thats a great idea :) And I def want to try a tunnel, because it sounds like fun lol. And if he doesnt catch on then.. /shrug

Thanks for your advice :D

Try taking a toilet paper or paper towel roll, put a treat of some sort in the middle, and stuff each end with hay. Smudge and my guinea pigs both have fun with that one! You can also take a paper bag and stuff in with crumples up paper.
Smudge has tons of toys, but he doesnt really like any of them. Sometimes he puts them in his water dish, and he likes to groom his stuffed elephant, but thats it. Some bunnies are SO picky!

There are some balls that look like baseballs but smaller, they can fit in your hand. I got them for Sweetie and Prince and they love them. They are safe for rabbits and safe to chew.

Also you might try stuffed animals that are safe for rabbits.

i got some teethy rings from the dollar store (the hard plastic, not the squishy plastic) & just borrowed a big ball out of one of the mcdonald's playpens...they love to nudge that stuff around... i also agree with tunnels...anything the babies can run through they like to pretend theyre fast :) good luck! & don't worry, Mama doesnt play with toys and she's perfectly content just laying around and sight-seeing :)

Latest posts

Back