Rabbit of the Month - Spud

Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Nutrition and Behavior > Digging on me and my clothes?

Old 06-15-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
Shainabee

My 3 1/2 month old French lop Miley constantly digs on me!
She won't do it to bare skin that I know of, it has only been done to areas that are clothed thankfully.

DOes this mean anything?
How do I stop her from her?

I put her in her cage for time out when she does it because i don't want her to keep doing it because eventually it does hurt.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
crystal

my girl lulu does this a little bit... mainly on my feet strangely. I'm not sure why but you are not alone!

someone else might be able to help us...

I'm not sure if rabbits respond to punishment type things like time out... hopefully someone can help us with that too!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
angieluv
RABBIT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 33 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 46

I think rabbits just like to dig on cloth or almost anything. I have one who constantly trys to dig up the floor

Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
mardigraskisses

Bayou does it on my clothes when he wants attention. Any other time he just digs in blankets for the sake of digging I suppose.

Try redirecting her attention, or clapping and saying NO! very firmly. Or petting her.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
KimberlilyKC

Yep, Kiwi does this for attention, too. Usually when I'm standing; he wants me to come down to his level so we can hang out together.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
wabbitmom12

We have 1 or 2 buns that dig at you when you stop petting them. They'll be all relaxed on your lap, practically asleep, and if you take a hand off to change the channel with the tv remote, the eyes pop wide open and they act like, "HEY! What's the deal?" Dig, dig, dig, dig...until we start to pet them again. At that point, I considered my self a thoroughly admonishedbunny slave!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
christav86

my Lola does this too, I've partly solved it by giving him a t-shirt that he can dig to his heart's content. He usually does it when I'm standing, and wants me to pay attention to him. Sometimes I give him a few towels, and he goes to town digging them, especially if I spread them flat on the floor. He digs until he seems happy with their placement. Maybe give her some kind of cloth for her to dig on?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
Elf Mommy
Retired Moderator

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Poe will do it when he's sitting on my desk with me while I'm typing. He loves to dig and nibble at clothes. I don't want him to get used to doing it, though, because sometimes he nips a bit of skin with the cloth. We distract him with a towel or blanket he can dig and nibble on instead.

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/MissMinda/Bunny/poejournal/poepen4.png[/IMG]

Old 06-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
mardigraskisses

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Quote:
We have 1 or 2 buns that dig at you when you stop petting them. They'll be all relaxed on your lap, practically asleep, and if you take a hand off to change the channel with the tv remote, the eyes pop wide open and they act like, "HEY! What's the deal?" Dig, dig, dig, dig...until we start to pet them again. At that point, I considered my self a thoroughly admonishedbunny slave!
ROFL Bayou does this when I'm on the computer. He'll hop up on the bed and if I stop petting him to type, it's like I've done him some sort of awful injustice.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:03 AM   #10
wabbitmom12

mardigraskisses wrote:
Quote:
wabbitmom12 wrote:
Quote:
ROFL Bayou does this when I'm on the computer. He'll hop up on the bed and if I stop petting him to type, it's like I've done him some sort of awful injustice.
Well, we do live to serve, right?