oh god, yetserday.. dont go there...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
it came yesterday....
:shock:
in the darkness of the cubile.. i saw it.
:p
yep. im a growing girl. My period came yesterday around lunch. i stuffed my pants with toilet roll paper;)
but thisd week is the week of exams.. in the same room.... and i had my maths exam in 5mins when i found out so i was like :panic: but found my feet.
todays its REALLY heavy... how long does it normally last?
and :rollseyes i hate it.
ps. i dont have any soreness. like sore heads... belly sore... ect. when am i ment to enjoy...:twitch: the pain... lol

thanks elena

Sorry to hear you got caught by surprize, Elena, and at a time too when there wasn't much you could do about it!
You're lucky though that you aren't hurting much.

As to how long it lasts, it's really very individual. Some have periods that only last 3-4 days (like me, luckily) and they only come every 32 days or so. For others they last a week, and come every 26 days (yikes).

I understand hating them. I aways did. Now I'm waiting impatiently for the day they disapear :).

And also when you first start they can be wuite irregular...I haven't had one since i started in that other thread... even though its been ages! But don't worry - you'll be fine!

thsnks you gals!
its still strong and heavy at day um... 3! i was ment to go swiming with my brother tomorrow, but i told him i could not because i had my monthly.
i have not told my mum i have had it, i have LOTS of supplies left so im fine there aswell... so um.. yay.
i did feel a bit light headed earlier so im laying on my bed now! lol. im happy i have not got sore tummy so far.

i suddenly feel very old, i do remember when i had my first and i actually felt really excited about it, i have a coil now and hardly get any at all. x Glad you dealing with it well.x

when i had mine. (3days ago) i was like, um.... ok... tolirt roll. exam. bus home. pad. sigh of relif. then i was like.
oh, i had my period! lol i was sort of excited

I remember in some weird way i quite looked forward to it x
i was quite young really, only twelve x i was at home with my mum and it was early morn, think i would have stressed in your position x well done on not panicking xx i am thirty three now so over 20 years ago that is way too old lol x

i was dreading it.. sore tummies galore.... but i dont have any lol.
i have to go now.
ps. my exams are over !! YAY!!!!!!!!
lol.
thanks ill be on soon again i hope

Well,I remember the first few times I got mine(way back in like grade 7) They were SO heavy and irregular, I HATED them >_< but I noticed that they progressively got lighter and I wasnt having any cramping :D The thing is, it's different for everyone. Mine last about 5-6 days usually its anywhere between 3-7. I still dislike them but it's not as bad as it used to seem :p

Mine generally comes every 35 days or so and only last 3-4 days. It also didn't start until I was like 15, so I guess I'm lucky. But when I was younger they were quite irregular. And it depends on how well I am eating on if I get cramps or not. And generally I am moody after the fact, not before like the other females in my family.

*is scarred for life*
There are some things no matter how many times I hear about them still make me shudder.

Some good advice i've picked up from my ex-girlfriends who would always insist on talking about it, i think they just liked watching me squirm. Drink a lot of milk and exercise regularly. The calcium helps reduce the pain and so does the exercise.

Now I'm going back to the foetal position and thinking of happy things.

I got mine at school too. I had weird stomach ache for a few days before and I was talking to a friend of mine about it and she said that it's probably my period. But I couldn't possibly have gotten it! I went to the bathroom and I freaked! When I went back I didn't tell her she was right. :p

I didn't tell my mom right away. I did later that night. I was like... scared or something! lol!

That happened, I believe, 6th grade? I can't remember if it was 6th or 7th. But either way it was about 5 years ago. Mine is still irregular. But I usually always have the same signs before it comes. Intense irritation (aka, easily annoyed), headache (don't usually get those otherwise), and I get crabby with people. :p

I don't know if it's the same with everyone but my cramps are not really in the stomach, they are down a little more. Doesn't really matter where they are, they pretty much SUCK! :grumpy:

Not sure how old you are, but one suggestion I offer every girl is: BIRTH CONTROL!

I've been on it for about a year now and it's good for making your periods come every month, on time, the same time. So you know exactly how to plan activities like swimming and what have you.

Like I said, I have no idea how old you are, so you may have to wait to ask your parents so they don't freak out.

peppa and georgie wrote:
Arrrr Dave very brave of you to join our conversation lol xx
I didn't know what I was going in to, I followed the link from the sidebar. I've dated enough girls for long enough now that this shouldn't affect me. It's just the thought of blood coming out of that part of the body it really makes me shudder...

Mardigraskisses I know you might think that it's a good idea, but especially at her age (She was talking about her first period) it is not a good idea to put her on birth control. There are benefits but there are also major side effects, she's just hitting puberty properly so I wouldn't suggest it. Not to mention that they're just finding out now that it's having bad side effects later on in life.

I'll be in the foetal position if anyone needs me.

Lol, Dave, I hope you're not too scarred! lol.
But you picked up some good advice from your exes.

Calcium and excersise are helpfull, so are iron supplements (if you feel lightheaded, Elena, it may be that you are slightly anemic, because of the blood loss) and, of course, chocolate! Lots and lots of chocolate! I'm surprixed your ex-girlfriends didn't mentioned that, Dave :D

And, I agree with you about the birth-control.... It is not a good thing to start that young. Better to wait, and definitely get checked out by a gynecologist before.

Oh they did, but I am defensive of my chocolate, i've built up a self defence mechanism where i don't mention to anyone I have chocolate. That way no one can steal it...

Also zinc supplements will help.

There are... Other things too, but I won't talk about them on this forum and you're too young.

Latest posts

Back