Twilight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lover_Of_Lopz

Reaction score
So do you like it? not like it? share what you think! i LOVE it! and cant wait for "New Moon" to come out, what do you think?:)

WARNING:

~Yes I am one of those crazy teenage girls that is totally obsessed with Twilight~

"Emo"= emotional...
took my 16yr.old son to clue me in....'oh Mom, stop being so emo' lol
Yes, I love Twilight.

Anyone see the New Moon trailer? Actually looks half decent! :)

Even though it's not the best quality "English literature", it's fun to read. Sometimes I don't want a hoity toity, meaningful, analyzing-material blah blah novel..sometimes it's nice just to be able to enjoy being in the world of characters in a book without much analyzing! :D Not that I don't enjoy novels that are considered "better written".. just sometimes I like the writting styles of authors like Stephanie Meyer for pure enjoyment! :D

No, haven't seen the trailer, but good to hear it looks promising.
And what you said about reading without analyzing - so true!
I really enjoy David Gemmell's book - and they do that -totally captivate me - plus, I consider him a good writer!

JadeIcing wrote:
Saw it on the MTV Movie Awards. Ok someone explain the sparkling thing to me.
Ok, I sound like some weird super-fan here (I'm not!) but I thinkthe authorhad a dream about the meadow scene from the 1st book (where Edward is sparkling in the sun), and that's where the whole Twilight saga came from - so that's why they sparkle!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
Saw it on the MTV Movie Awards. Ok someone explain the sparkling thing to me.
Ok, I sound like some weird super-fan here (I'm not!) but I thinkthe authorhad a dream about the meadow scene from the 1st book (where Edward is sparkling in the sun), and that's where the whole Twilight saga came from - so that's why they sparkle!
Yep your right Bunnysrule!

I enjoyed the first movie but I wouldn't say I am really excited for the next. I sort of think that its scary how after the movie there's twilight fanatics everywhere I turn >_> Also the Edward craze, he's attractive but I dont beleive he's THAT amazing. I also never understood why the vampires sparkled but now that I know it sort of makes sense :]

I'm going to say this once and only once with no mean to offend. As someone who loves the English language and to read.

I hate Twilight.
It is a terribly written story which encourages young women to accept the abusive tendencies of their boyfriends, it was written by a woman who has no previous training in writing, who edited the story herself. She wrote it after witnessing the current trends in the market, to fit a stereotype which would get her the most money.

She is a Mormon who has claimed that she isn't trying to imprint her religion through her stories, however studies have proven that her books contain conditioning in it.

The story is full of clichés and the grammar is terrible.

Before anyone says 'but you haven't read twilight', I have. Afterwards I felt sick, the English language has never been more acceptably abused in my opinion.

To go back to my earlier point, the novels further encourage young women to enter in to these abusive relationships, where their boyfriends are dark and brooding (Edward) and to reject the kind, nice guys (Jacob).

The books teach values that no parent would knowingly subject their daughters to, encouraging them to follow down paths that lead them in to subservient abusive relationships.

Not to say anything about the fans, they are violent and obsessive, so far there have been multiple murders of people just because they said they didn't like twilight. Bullying in schools has risen, girls and even guys who don't like twilight and denounce it for what it really is face persecution by twilight fans.

To all you parents out there who have daughters reading this book, I suggest you sit down and read them. I suggest you question if the values and morals taught by these books are the same as your own. It's not just a harmless book, written word since the dawn of time has influenced us, it has driven some to holy wars and others to mass suicide. At such an impressionable age to be letting your children read this and just letting it pass by because 'it's just a fairy tale', if you'd like I could lend your children some books with equally different morals.

As an experiment conducted by myself, I placed twilight alongside a novel by a japanese writer called Battle Royale. Many of you will not be familiar with Battle Royale as it was banned in America and the UK for a long time. Now it has to be sold as an adult book, one of the only books that requires an I.D. to be checked before it can be sold.

It details the story of a class of Grade 10 children being put on an island, having explosive collars strapped to their necks and given weapons. They are told to kill each other within a time limit or they will all be killed. Whoever wins is allowed to go back to school life.

When given both of these books to read, out of a study of 50 parents, none of them were willing to let their children read either of the books. Out of the 50 parents, only 10 of them would let their children read Twilight before they read Battle Royale, the other 40 either would let their children read Battle Royale first, or never let them read either.

I have said none of this to offend people here, but I have to make my opinions clear and I've tried to express myself as clearly as possible. If any of you choose to lash out at me I will be happy to report you to a mod, the first post here encourages open discussion for or against twilight. Also, I don't want to hear your side of the story, I am not open to opinions. I have been against this book from the start and after 4 years of hearing other peoples opinions for it. I have never heard anything that is worthwhile hearing again, from 'you don't know anything you're an idiot' to 'just read it, you'll like it'.

P.s. I have nothing against Mormons, just against hidden conditioning. If it was muslim, or hindu or christian or even scientology i would still have the same feelings.

Hmmm..I saw it last night, and I did like it. But..Saudade..you bring up some valid points. It does perpetuate a poor stereotype of following the bad boy. I hadn't thought of it in that way but you bring up a valid point with that.

Something to think about.

Very good points Saudade. I never read the book and never really intended on it. I wasn't too fond of the movie(it was just OK maybe less),I really don't understand why so many people are obsessing over it..no, twilight fans can never just like it ..they really need to be obsessed..freakishly obsessed 0_o

Im really surprised about the results you got from that study.. I mean, Battle Royale is a pretty messed up book =. I never payed much attention to Twilight and its influence, if anything I try avoiding it but it seems to be everywhere lately >_>

I can see why so many people like it. I've read all three, but to be honest, I'm more about raunchy vampire books full of gore and sex (like Blood Ties by Jennifer Armintrout.)

Also, SM's writing is so dry and Bella makes me want to kick her in the uterus. She's a total Mary Sue and it makes me rage.

And don't get me started on the movie. I just saw the NM trailer and wanted to throw my computer out the window.

The acting is soooooooo horrid. :foreheadsmack:

I could go on for days about this, but I'd rather lick Bayou's litter box clean. :p

Back