Riley and Pancake

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffS

Reaction score
Special Cage Edition! (Link)

Here is Pancake glaring at everyone. While she's like this, attempts to get close to hear always fail, and so does red eye removal.

3504911618_9442f21316.jpg

Later that night, I herded them into their cage. Hopefully Riley will get used to peeing in there instead of wherever he happens to be. (He holds it as long as he can, then panics to find a spot.)

3504911878_c2b637b3ce.jpg

Pancake enjoys hogging the litter box. When he eventually has to wee, will Riley kick Pancake out? Will he pee somewhere else in the cage? Can he hold it until morning playtime?

3504098687_bf3c6f92f0.jpg

And finally you have a chance to see that Riley does in fact care about Pancake. Notice how once he's been spotted he tells me to *%#@ off. Unfortunately for Riley, Pancake prefers making out in public.

For the video, click here since I haven't figured out how to embed a Flickr video.

(First blog post, from before Pancake met Riley: post)

Special Inquisitive Riley photo set!

What's in the box?
3553813633_579b3212d3_o.jpg

What's on the chair?
3554618034_574eea9644_o.jpg

What's outside at night?
3553812161_67c587545c_o.jpg

What's in my future?
3553810427_5846cd72ca_o.jpg

What's in the future! Tons more of adorable pictures, that's what :)

they are big bunnies! especially riley on his back legs... riley is the height of the couch! I love when they stand up and look around like that.

the photo of pancake lying in the litter box is very cute as well... I take it from your caption that this happens often?

thanks for sharing the pics, I like your captions too :)

Pancake doesn't like to stay in her litter box much anymore. Riley taught her to dig, and so she started to mix her food and the dirty litter, and it would get stinky very quickly. I built a little stand out of wire mesh aka hardware cloth so that they food would stay on top and the litter would stay on the bottom. It's not so comfy anymore though :(

Photos for today!

Pancake in the morning

3564822406_cf88882946_o.jpg

Pancake in the afternoon
3564822508_42dca9fe35_o.jpg

Riley's shedding head
3564005061_60e00c6442_o.jpg

Riley's shedding head explores the apartment

3564005125_d523ca1d91_o.jpg

That's a silly looking molt pattern on Riley's head.

He does look really big though; I was wondering that too.

I just found Riley's paperwork. For his checkups at the humane society he weighed 8.1 and then 7.9 pounds. It's been a month and he's going to see the vet next week so it'll be interesting to see what's happened since then.

Pancake weighed 4.5 lbs when I got her. I think she's gained weight since then.

Wow. Riley is just a gorgeous bunny. Pancake looks bigger in her pic's. I thought I readRiley attacked you? That had to have been scary. I'm new to bunnies and I never thoughtrabbit'sattacked. :cry2My bunnies are little so hopefully I don't have to worry about that. I guess you never know.

:biggrin2: April

The vet confirmed that Riley has ringworm and he's been taking medication for that. Pancake has too and she seems to have gotten ringworm also. :(:(:(

I'll try to get some pics up later. The hair on their sides and butt fell out. Riley's hair on his belly also fell out. Riley's hair is growing back but Pancake has some bald patches. The worst part is a couple of nasty sore spots Riley has. I suspect Pancake will get some too before she's taken all her medicine (30 days).

Latest posts

Back