Michigan

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the sunshine we had today we actually were able to open the big roll up door at the shelter. It was so nice to get some fresh air in the bunny shelter!!!

I lived off of 6 mile road, so very close to there. :D My dad had an auto parts store in Plymouth, right next to the railroad tracks. I remember putting pennies on the tracks to get squished.

The trains are still a source of great debate in Plymouth. They a too long and tie up traffic for so long it seems. However, there is a restaurant that we like to go to a couple times a week that is right next to the tracks in downtown Plymouth. Maybe you know it. It is called "Bode's Corn Beef House".

In the old Daisy Rifle building where they made b b guns, there was a restaurant in there that my parents used to go to. Do they still have the Fall Festival? I remember making up plates of corn and chicken for people because my dad was in Rotary. We used to sell pies, too!

Plymouth still has the Fall Festival and it is a great tradition! We love it! They have torn down all but one wall of the Daisy Rifle Co. and built townhouses on that land. This restaurant we go to is right on Main Street, right next to the tracks. It looks like an old house, in fact I think it use to be a boarding house in the early 1900's. Plymouth has an interesting history!

We pass that corn beef restaurant all the time! hehehe. We dont ever stop to try it though because I'm a vegetarian and Im just not sure if they would have anything for me. The past two weekends though we were down in Plymouth to paint pottery at Creatopia, and we ate once at Comparis and once at Zapotas (not sure if I spelled that one right).

Anyways, Im in Livonia, so not too far from Northville (home of my favorite restaurant Sizzling Sticks) or Plymouth.

Hi again,

The water wheel is still turning. That building is now a public gym that you can join and workout. The racetrack (Northville Downs) is still open and trying to find other venues to host there. The horse racing is not as big a deal as it use to be. In fact, I just heard on the news last week that Northville Downs is planning to host these "poker town" events and they were looking for 501(c) 3 charities to help them host the events. Midwest Rabbit Rescue is jumping on that money train, of course!!!

drunkenbunnyhugger wrote:
We pass that born beef restaurant all the time! hehehe. We dont ever stop to try it though because I'm a vegetarian and Im just not sure if they would have anything for me. The past two weekends though we were down in Plymouth to paint pottery at Creatopia, and we ate once at Comparis and once at Zapotas (not sure if I spelled that one right).

Anyways, Im in Livonia, so not too far from Northville (home of my favorite restaurant Sizzling Sticks) or Plymouth.
Hi there, I know Bode's is famous for it's Corned Beef, of course, and then for it's fish specials on Fridays. I don't know if there are vegetarian items, but I do know that they serve breakfast all day long, so if you are looking for a good breakfast you could try it. The atmosphere is very small town, friendly and comfortable. It is a great place to go! What type of restaurant is Sizzling Sticks?

lilbitsmom wrot
I do know that they serve breakfast all day long, so if you are looking for a good breakfast you could try it. The atmosphere is very small town, friendly and comfortable. It is a great place to go! What type of restaurant is Sizzling Sticks?
yum, i love all day breakfast. maybe i will stop in one day :)

Sizzling Sticks is a restaurant like Mongolian BBQ, where you pick out your own food together and then they cook it up on the grill. However they are so nice there, and we (my husband and i) like it a lot better than Mongolian BBQ.

I love those types of restaurants where you pick all your own ingredients. I'm going to have to take the family there! My kids love that too!

Gonna have snow tonight!!! Ugh

My hubby is doing the happy dance. He calls it pennies raining down from heaven! He plows snow in the winter months! Good money when you have a heavy winter!

I'm ready for sunshine!!!! Have a good Tuesday!

I live in the north! I am from Gaylord. Anyone know where that is? It's near Grayling and Vanderbilt...Wolverine too. It has been freezing the last couple days. I miss the sun shine...I got to brush out my woolies and everything outside. I don't have a barn or shed, so its hard to do without getting hair all over the house in the winter. I can't clean my cages almost all winter because the poo and pee are frozen solid to the cage! I need an ice pick!!! I hate winter....:pullhair:

I know where you are up north. My folks use to have a place in Petoskey and we would drive up 75 to Wolverine and exit there and head west. Beautiful area! I also grew up vacationing at Grandma's house on Higgins Lake. That is my favorite place to be. Too bad the family doesn't own that house anymore. I'd love to be able to take my kids there.

Do youkeep your bunnies outside all year round?

Latest posts

Back