Wisconsin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
I'm in Waukesha, Wisconsin. :bunnydance: I'm between Madison and Milwaukee along I-94 if transport is ever needed. I am closer to Milwaukee... *shrug*

I know the way to Illinois well. I go to Gurnee quite frequently.

Wisconsinite reporting for duty, Sir! Err, Ma'am!

I live in Sheboygan, which is on Hwy 43 between Milwaukee and Green Bay. Transport is no problem. I also volunteer at the local humane society. Adopt my foster babies, darn it!!!

Oh, and anyone up for a get-together this summer? My house is tiny but my yard is nice.

Wisconsinites Rule! Whoo!
I'm in Sheboygan. Can't help with transport or anything, yet. I also volunteer at the shelter. :D

Oh, naturestee two of your babies were transferred to Grafton and I think one has an adoption possibly going through. We only have 16 bunnies at the shelter (a lot still but better then it was!)! If anyone is interested in one of your bunnies Billie is a sweetie! He's shy at first but once he's out he is such a lap bunny! And I had him out on the floor petting him and he was all sprawled out. It was soo adorable!

I'd be up for a get together Naturestee! :D

Whoa! My Oberon!!!

But you can snuggle him.:D

Edit: Boz, who got moved? I figured they'd move Billie and the other single boy, since the other three are living in one cage. It's great if they can get adopted though.

They moved two from the group of three. The littler rex mix girl and the boy. They were bonded and both neutered/spayed so they moved them. I think they actually went to the Petsmart in Grafton... I thought that's what I heard but it could have heard wrong. lol

The Wisconsinite thread needs a little boost... I know we are "chattier" than this...;)

Anyhow, I will say that I live the farthest north along the lakeshore than anyone else who has posted this far in the Wisconsinite thread. I live in Manitowoc which is about forty minutes north of Sheboygan, and about forty-five minutes south of Green Bay when traveling on I-43.

Transport/rescue not a problem as long as I am able to volunteer my friend without her knowing until a few days prior to travel. ;):coolness:

myheart

That is Naturestee's department. She has been wanting to do something for a while, but things never seemed to fall together. I think it was partly the amount of time it took to foster Jazzy and her two litters, and the time to help Dora become strong, healthy, and a family member.

Maybe, with a little help, things could come together this year.:biggrin2:

myheart

Hi. I' m new to RO. I just got my beautiful first rabbit, Sassy a few weeks ago. I adopted her. :biggrin2: She's Netherland Dwarf. Tonight I noticed some dry, flaky, (I'm guessing) skin between her shoulder blades. Her hair is fine. No missing hair. Should I be worried? Should I take her to vet? Also she is constantly grooming herself. Do rabbits do that? Don't laugh. I'm new to rabbits and I don't know. I've read quite a bit but never read that they groom alot. :) Thanks.

Hi SweetSassy,welcome to the RO Forum!!! Glad to see you found us! Congrats on your recent adoption!! Sassy does sound like a little sweetie. I will definitely watch for a Bunny Blog about her and hopefully get to see some great pics of her. :D

Questions are always welcome on the forum, no matter how experienced a member is with rabbits. You might want to postyour questionseither in the Infirmary thread, or under Nutrition and Behavior. My guess would be that Sassy's dry skin might be more nutrition related than anything seeing as how she was recently adopted. Also because she was recently adopted, a vet check would be a great idea to make sure she is in good health to begin with. It would be great for Sassy to see a rabbit-savvy vet to look at her ears, eyes, teeth, and to feel her tummy to make sure things are okay. Sometimes there is no way of knowing how a rabbit was treated or fed prior to them entering your home. What is important is that you are Sassy's guardian now, and good information is what you need to get Sassy on the right track to excellent health. RO alsohas a great library with lot's of information. For a quick look-up on a bunny-issue, take a look there. If you would rather have another member respond, start a thread in the appropriate forum section.

Just don't forget to share some pictures of little Sassy somewhere along the line! :biggrin2:

myheart

Thanks for the information. I'm new to RO and I'm trying to figure out how it works. I'm not computer smart. Lol. I had Sassy vet checked and she was fine, except maybe some teeth issues. I contacted the lady I adopted her from and I'm gonna talk to her first, then if I have too I will takeSassy to vet. Thanks again for the info:D

I tried posting pic's of Sassy and I can't figure itout. Can you tell me where I need to go thatwill give me some directions on posting pic's? Thanks!!!! April

SweetSassy wrote:
I tried posting pic's of Sassy and I can't figure itout. Can you tell me where I need to go thatwill give me some directions on posting pic's? Thanks!!!! April

April, it might helpful if you take a few minutes to navigate the forum to become familiar with threads. If you go into "Chat About the Forum," you will find a lot of helpful information. Here is the link to learn the "how to's" for posting pics and hyperlinks.... http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=66 Hope this helps...

btw... good to hear that your vet has caught Sassy's dental issues early enough before they cause her a world of hurt. Have you scheduled a dental grinding for her yet, or does she have time to wait?

Thanks Myheart. Sassy has already had her teeth filed down bythevet cause her bottom teeth were grown over top her top teeth(like a under bite). The back teeth were grinding down at an angle. Which the vet said could cause cuts in her mouth. So this is gonna be a on going thing for the rest of her life.I will take very good care of her.We all love her.I adopted her from a rescue. And I feel good for helping an animal that needed a home. :rabbithop Thanks.

Latest posts

Back