Charging at me and grunting!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofoosmom1

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have not been here in along time. I hope everyone is doing well. I moved my Foo Fooand Butter Cup to the barn because of the cold temperatures.When it gets warmer (35 - 40 degrees) I move them back out because Iknow they are happier out there. Although, Foo Foo has therun of the barn and has no reason to complain.

Last weekend I went away and my friend who always takes care of mybunnies was there to feed and give them fresh water. She toldme that Foo Foo was charging at her and grunting! Foo Fooknows her very well. My husband checked on them and said thatFoo Foo was grunting at him. And sure enough, I came backhome and played with her and she was very happy to see me.Later that night I went out to give her fresh water and parsely, andshe charged at the food dish as I tried to pick it up and then chargedas I reached for the water bowl. She kind of spookedme. And as she charges at me she grunts. I thinkshe wants out of the barn. That is the only thing I can thinkof. I know she is healthy. I think she just has anattitude problem.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for me and my Foo Foo "the princess"?

Greetings!

Our Chippy has started doing the same thing. She's almost a year oldand has not been spayed yet. We got her at a pet store and when wefirst brought her home she was a bit scared. She has gotten used to hersurroundings and has become very comfortable and happy. She has alsogotten a little territorial as far as her cage goes. When we have herspayed I'm hoping she will mellow out some. Until then I just listenfor the "Oink" and then move quickly to avoid gettin nipped.

Jim

Same with Emmy! Today I wasreplacing her hay and her food in her cage. I stick my hand in there toreach for the food bowl and she just grunts at me! geesh..i thnk it maybe anger >_< i dont know.

*gasp* JIM thats exactly how Emmy looks like! Except she's female! :shock:

Yep, it's probablya territorial thing.They don't like people in their "domain" so to speak. How old is yourbun? Maybe she is reaching sexual maturity and that would account forthe behavior change. My bun Fergi always growls, grunts, and charges ifI try to do anything in her cage while she is in there. I would suggestremoving her prior to adding feed, water, hay, etc. into herenvironment. Good Luck!

Fergi's mom

Back