Spaying and Attitude

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
So... Elf still isn't fixed. If I decide to gether fixed, what changes should I expect? She's an ultra-mellow bunright now. I'm jsut wondering what changes people have seen.

Well, I've only had Peanut, and she got awhole lot mellower. But she was a bit of a witch to begin with;), so she could only get better :p

Sometimes there isnt much change in behavior, butit leads to a healthier bun! I would recomend it for Elf justbecause of the high mortality rate of uterian and ovarian cancers inbuns.

I've only heard of it calming certain problemslike spraying, etc. If she's already mellow I doubt her personalitywould change at all -- except she might be mad for a week. ;)

We had blossom spayed on Dec. 20th, we got herspayed so her health would be better in the long run, but we weresecretly hoping it might change her bad attitude, but ithasn't:? She is still the cutest bad attitude bunnyever!! You go to feed her and you could lose afinger! But we love her anyways! Tracy

I sure hope Iszy's attitude changes after she is spayed.

as bunns for life has recomended that rabbits can get cancer if they are not spayed

we are getting lucy done in a months time and the vet has said it will definately prolong her life

vaena xxxx

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
...she might be mad for a week. ;)
Someone, on the Forum I think, recommended having someone else take thebun to the vet for the procedure, thereby circumventing the bun's angerat you.

You then "miraculously" appear and rescue your darling bun from the "bad guys" and earn eternal bunny gratitude.

Don't know if it works, but it sure made sense to me when I read about it.

Buck

I dont know... when Guin got spayed, I droppedher off and picked her up. She wasnt mad at me, she gave melickies when I rescued her =) But that is a good idea!

Heh. . .after my cat (who we think was abused,and abandoned, and thus is not really social) was spayed, she purredand purred and purred when we "rescued" her from the vet :p "Oh, you'rehere, take me away from these horrible people!"

Buck Jones wrote:
MyBunnyBoys wrote:
...she might be mad for a week. ;)
Someone, on the Forum I think, recommended having someone else take thebun to the vet for the procedure, thereby circumventing the bun's angerat you.

You then "miraculously" appear and rescue your darling bun from the "bad guys" and earn eternal bunny gratitude.

Buck
That's a great idea! I used to do that with my kids! LOL!

When my son was in the hospital at 8 mos old or so, he had RSV (thatnasty respiratory virus) and they had to give him an IV...... Icouldn't hold him down! I didn't want him to think Mommy washurting him. I made my mother-inlaw do it! LOL! :p

Buck Jones wrote:
Someone, on the Forum I think, recommended having someoneelse take the bun to the vet for the procedure, thereby circumventingthe bun's anger at you.

Buck
Ha ha Buck, that was me! That's actually what I did when my 2 gotneutered and I never had to put up with their anger! They were thrilledto see me actually.

Latest posts

Back