radishes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
mom's going out side to plant seeds. she has some radish seeds and asked me to "double check with the rabbit people," that radishes are ok for J to eat. thanks guys:biggrin2:!

I'll try and find it... but before I found this forum I found a list that said that raddish greens were safe, but the actual raddishes weren't :? It could have been wrong I guess!

We gave Mouse and Chalk the greens and they loved them but it didn't seem worth it to keep buying them just for the leave when neither of us eats raddishes LOL! :p

Radish Tops are definitely safe. I would pass on giving them the actual radish.

mouse_chalk wrote:
We gave Mouse and Chalk the greens and they loved them but it didn't seem worth it to keep buying them just for the leave when neither of us eats raddishes LOL! :p

I love radishes! I can remember being little at my Grandparents home picking them out of the garden, Grandpawashing them at the pump and us sharing them.

Few ever made it to the dinner table!

Leaf wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:

I love radishes! I can remember being little at my Grandparents home picking them out of the garden, Grandpawashing them at the pump and us sharing them.

Few ever made it to the dinner table!
Lol! It's not that I dislike them... it's just that they don't taste of very much to me, so I never think to eat them or put them in anything lol.... Maybe I'll try them again for the sake of the bunnies getting a new green! :)

Sammy and Zamboni both love radishes. I try to buy them from the farmers market so that they are fresh. I cut the tops off and mix it into their cilantro and parsley salad because the tops don't stay fresh for long and cut the radish in half and give them each a slice.

Usually the radish is the first thing they eat!!lol

could a mod add a poll for me? the question should be "are radish bottoms safe for bunnies?" and the opptions should be 'yes' and 'no'. thanks!

I have gave them for years and had no problems that I could pinpoint being from them. They are actually a small part of my rabbits' diet currently. Everytime I see a list it just says the green from them but I give the radish themselves so I say they are fine.

Latest posts

Back