Vacuum possisive bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tort

Reaction score
Yesterday was cage cleaning day (I do it every other day). I let the buns out to run and do their cages before I do the ferts so that this give the buns a chance to run around on their own; it also gives the ferts a chance to wake up and do their business before they get let out of their cage.

Well I got collars on all the ferts and proceeded to pull their litter boxes and toys out so I could clean their cage. Upon inspection I decided to leave the mat liners in and just use the hose with the brush attachment on it to spot clean the food crumbs and loose wood pellets that had been pushed out of the letter box.

While I was vacuuming I would just drop the hose to move something and leave the vacuum running; the ferts would run up and stick their heads in the hose and then run off only to come back for more. Zamboni was off to the side watching all this and acting like he was getting ready to lunge like a cat. He had the little forward backward motion going but didn't do any thing. That is until Nicky the fert he is bonded to started attacking the hose.

Zamboni jumped so that his body was over the sucking end of the hose and batted at Nicky with his front paws. This sent Nicky into his little "war dance" and brought the rest of the ferts running to see what was up. Zamboni held his ground and would not budge from the hose. After laughing I finally turned off the vacuum and the ferts decided to head off to some place else and see what trouble they could get into; Zamboni on the other hand held his ground and wouldn't get off the hose.

I really don't know what came over him; I gave him his vacuum when I did his and Somme's cages. I just guess he feels that the vacuum is his and that he should decide who gets to play with it or not.lol

ha! That's so funny! You'd think they wouldn't like vacuums! but then again, the horses love to be vacuumed when we do it. I guess they all have their own minds about stuff!

I have a small wet/dry vac i use to clean my rabbit cages. They are so used to it. I can spot clean Coco's cage with her in it. She's not bothered by it at all.

Latest posts

Back