Oxbow at Petsmart

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are not lieing to me ,lol. I had gone to a manager ab out special ordering them and they said they do any special ordering, i hope that all petsmarts are selling this!!!!!!!!

Ok so i decided to call my petsmart and they dont carry it, so i asked if since petsmart does carry it throught there site can they order it in if they would have someone to use it and they said no!!!!!!!!!! i am so mad, i see the other CRAP they sell there i am asking them to bring in somet hing by far better then alot of what they have and they cant??????????

I theorize that large, mega-profit-drivenstores like PetsMart make money by not carrying certain brands (or even certain food types within a brand name). It may sound crazy, butthe U.S.government pays to have farmland sit unused.

I realize that this sounds all Conspiracy Theory and whatnot, but I knew of a store that offered very high-end cat and dog food. The store's owners were heckled and even threatened (in terms of their business being squeezed out) by sellers of crappy pet food.

The fact that some PetsMart stores now carry Oxbow pellets is heartening, though I wonder...why now? I'm also surprised by the online price ($12.99), which seems much higher than what I've paid at independent pet stores.

Jenk

It has to be supply and demand, right? I know that the Petsmart by me is selling Oxbow products now. But what really is awesome, there are two small scale pet stores no more than 10 miles from where I live that carry Oxbow for quite decent prices. I also know of a rabbit rescue that gets the pellets in bulk that I can buy from for even cheaper. :weee:

I'm currently trying to get oxbow to sell their products in my country, let alone my local petstore :(.

The only oxbow product stocked in New Zealand is critical care, it sucks!

NZminilops wrote:
I'm currently trying to get oxbow to sell their products in my country, let alone my local petstore :(.

The only oxbow product stocked in New Zealand is critical care, it sucks!
I had to laugh cause us over here are all excited about it being within driving distance and you wish it would just be in the country,lol. Maybe all the members that are incountries that dont carry oxbow should mass email them about having it afordably over there for you guys

Hubby went there the other day and said they have it! More expensive than we are getting it in another city though, he drives for his job, so, for now, we're just going to keep getting it there.

Check the prices!;) We're paying around $14.00 for 10 lbs. I think Petsmart is selling for about $16.00 for that.

But, still, glad to see them carrying it!:D

the pellets 5lbs are 12.99 at my petsmart and 4.95, 5.95 or 9.99 for hay.

iI'm luck because I have a Pet Food Warehouse that has an Incredible amount of rabbit items and oxbow! i'll have to take a pictures when i go next time. I love beable to get items from busy bunny there.

I got this from there website
02sm.jpg

My PetSmart is selling Oxbow, as well. I was going to post about it when I found out a few weeks ago, but forgot to post it!

Kaytee junk is $12.99 for 4.4lbs at my PetSmart. Oxbow is $12.99 for 5lbs at my PetSmart. Let's just hope that people go for the Oxbow because of the little bit more per pound, rather then choosing the "ultra colorful" junk food.

Does anyone know if they are selling it at Canadian Petsmarts too? I'm happy with the Martin's.. but if Oxbow is cheaper, then might switch to that.. but I doubti t because I pay around $8.50 for a 4.4lb bag of Martin's timothy.. but might go venture out there to see!

Spring wrote:
Does anyone know if they are selling it at Canadian Petsmarts too?

I can check it out, there is a Petsmart close to my place,but I don't usuallygetanysupplies there.

Martins costs me $16.50 for the large 11 lb. bag.
I paid $30 for a 10 lb. bag of Oxbow at a Vet clinic in Calgary (3 hr drive) last March.
There's another place in Calgary ( Chewsypets ) that sells Oxbow for $24.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Spring wrote:
Does anyone know if they are selling it at Canadian Petsmarts too?

I can check it out, there is a Petsmart close to my place,but I don't usuallygetanysupplies there.

Martins costs me $16.50 for the large 11 lb. bag.
I paid $30 for a 10 lb. bag of Oxbow at a Vet clinic in Calgary (3 hr drive) last March.
There's another place in Calgary ( Chewsypets ) that sells Oxbow for $24.

I believe I can get the Martin stuff for $15 for an 11lb bag (haven't checked in a while). A 10lb bag of Oxbow is $22 at Chewsey. I have an 8% discount card for there. Nice people there too, I end up talking to the people for about 20min when I go.
If anyone wants to come get Oxbow in Calgary, contact me for a discount. :)

As for Petsmart, I would still not buy form there as I prefer to support small business, unless it is significantly cheaper.

I will have to check this out next time im in petsmart for cat or dog items! thanks for the heads up, otherwise i generally dont even go in the "small pet" aisle as its all junk.

Latest posts

Back