Re: 2nd Annual Night of the Lepus Schedule...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
Well, here we go! A few finalinstructions regarding Saturday evening's round the countrysimultaneous screening of Night of the Lepus for those of youhardy enough, or foolish enough, to watch it in the presence of yourbuns.

At 8:45 P.M. EST, our moderator,Carolyn,willinitiate festivities by creating a new thread that will be entitled,"Rabbits Only Forum 2nd Annual Night of the LepusScreening." That will enable the rest of ustogo on-line and use that thread as our major source ofcommunication before, during, and after the screening as per the veryastute suggestion put forward by BunnyMommy a while ago. Italmost enables us to have a "chat" close toreal time, withoutincurring the high costs a telephone conference call would haveentailed. Thanks for that most excellent suggestion,BunnyMommy!

At 9:00 P.M. EST viewing will begin by starting your VCR's.People in time zones other than EST should adjust accordingly so thatwe're all watching the movie simultaneously, with our buns, if youdare! Some of the more enthusiastic viewers, both human andlagomorph, are invited to don costumes appropriate for the movie, takepictures thereof, and post on the forum as soon as possible.

Humans often portray rabbits, and rabbits humans, in an effort toconfuse the marauding rabbits one may expect to assail your domicileduring or after the screening. Rabbits have alsobeen known to turn upon their owners during this most exciting,psychological drama and make short shift of them, so a cautionaryattitude is recommended. Whatever you do, DO NOT TURN YOURBACK on your precious, little, darling, baby! You may rue theday you did if you neglect to heed this most important piece of adviceand warning.

At 9:45 P.M. - !0:00 P.M. there will be a short intermission in orderto restore order within your homes, or replace damaged barricadesinterloper bunniesin your localemay haveattempted to breach. This time might also be used to attendto medical emergencies, foodstuff replenishment, and/or sanitary needs.

At 10:45 P.M. - 11:00 P.M. there will be an apres filmcommentary, to count heads, assess damage, make repairs,tend to any wounds, and proffer any suggestions for controlling anylingering, rampaging bunnies, both in your home and about yourlocale.

The scheduling above in no way implies that you limited to those timesto post, nor that you are not free to scream for help and succor at anypoint during the film. As crisises develop, you might bebetter served by posting immediately, assome of us have hadprevious experience with this event and might be able to recommendprocedures to extract you fromdilemmas thatyou mayfind yourself in without inflicting major casualties upon your own lifeand limb while fighting off strange bunnies, orevenyour very own pet bunnies.

For those of you who survive relatively intact,itis suggested that yousubmit an "after action report," inorder to future assist those of us who have not endured thishorrific annual experience unscathed. Your reportwill be of benefit for those who dare to attempt the feat again nextyear.

Almost time to "lock and load, and rock and roll!"See ya, then!

Buck

OCTOBER 30, 2004

8:45 p.m. - EST - System Check

9:00 p.m. - EST - NIGHT OF THE LEPUS Begins

9:45 - 10:00 p.m - EST - Security Check

10:00 p.m. - EST - Ready or Not: NIGHT OF THE LEPUS continues

10:45 - 11:00 p.m. - EST - Debriefing

ROGER THAT, Buck Jones.

-Carolyn

Alas... I will now be unable to join in thefestivities. My new job starts friday and I work 3-11 onSaturdays and Sundays.

I will be with you all in spirit... and having Gir kept under lock and key!

bunsforlife wrote:
Alas... I will now be unable to join in the festivities.? My newjob starts friday and I work 3-11 on Saturdays and Sundays.?

I will be with you all in spirit... and having Gir kept under lock and key!

So it seems the Lepus will be getting to your place the same time they're getting to Gabby's.

H A L L O W E E N

Good Luck, and be sure to give us your Status Report when the Rabbit War ceases in your area.

-Carolyn

I'm confused...why do we need our VCRs?

Do people even still own VCRs? LOL I thought they stopped making them like 6 years ago....

I remember our VCR, it was silver...and it ate tapes...a lot....:(

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
I'm confused...why do we need our VCRs?

Do people even still own VCRs? LOL I thought they stopped making them like 6 years ago....

I remember our VCR, it was silver...and it ate tapes...a lot....:(
VCR's are still very much alive as are video tapes. And VCR'ssell on an average now a days for $40 to $100 depending onwhat you choose. Many suroundsounds come with both DVD and VCR players.

And you need a video to partisapate in the upcoming event, it's ibelieve a 1970's movie about giant attack killer rabbits. Anyone feelfree o correct this info as I've never watched the movie but will bethis weekend ;)

Buck Jones wrote:
Well, here we go! A few final instructionsregarding Saturday evening's round the country simultaneous screeningof Night of the Lepus for those of you hardy enough, or foolishenough, to watch it in the presence of your buns.
Buck
Hey dear could you please tell me at what point orwhere in the movie the matrix does it show them watching htis movie, ihave the matrix but since i've never seen this movie i'm not sure whati'm looking for.

I've been told it occurs when major charactersare at the oracle's place and Lepus is playing in thebackground, or people are watching it, or something oranother. Have only seen Matrix once and, frankly, Imissed the secene myself. Have seen a still of it with the tvin the background and a giant rabbit on it.

Buck

beans_mommy wrote:
?????????????????what is this i want to be involvedtoo pls..........is this something i haveto go to buy to be a participant or is this a privatething??? i want to see too :(donna

Unfortunately, you may not be able to find the video in the storebecause it never quite made it to the silver screen. It's toolate at this point to get one out to you.

My hope is that next year when this happens, people who had been giventhe tape will return the favor by making a copy and sending it toothers that have never seen it.

-Carolyn

Michelle,

As to the VCR/DVD thing: In the original thread, Night ofthe Lepus, posted by Buck Jones had a link as to where you couldpurchase the DVD of the movie. Most of us have iton VCR because that's what I originally purchased it from and copiesfrom it.

My unit hasa VCR and DVD player. It's the bestbecause old movies aren't always out on DVD yet. Perhaps yourVCR was dirty or just defective having been the problem for why yourtapes were getting eaten.

-Carolyn

I'm excited. Don't know if we'll be dressing upto protect ourselves. It's possible. I saw some cute costumes for catsat target, that would fit my buns perfectly.

Maybe we should go buy a cheapie VCR for thismomentous event. Besides, Dave is going out Saturday night and I'll behome - if I can't get this movie I'm going to rent some other Halloweenbased flick. Maybe Poltergiest or Night Of The Living Dead or something.

However, it's just not the same!

Buck Jones wrote:
I've been told it occurs when major characters are at theoracle's place and Lepus is playing in the background, or peopleare watching it, or something or another. Have only seenMatrix once and, frankly, I missed the secene myself.Have seen a still of it with the tv in the background and a giantrabbit on it.

Buck
Well at least now I know where to look for it in the movie ;)thanks buck

Carolyn wrote:
beans_mommy wrote:
?????????????????what is this i want to be involvedtoo pls..........is this something i haveto go to buy to be a participant or is this a privatething??? i want to see too :(donna

Unfortunately, you may not be able to find the video in the storebecause it never quite made it to the silver screen. It's toolate at this point to get one out to you.

My hope is that next year when this happens, people who had been giventhe tape will return the favor by making a copy and sending it toothers that have never seen it.

-Carolyn
I would if I could but I don't have themecanical capabilities to do so..(1 VCR) we've gone mostly digital(DVD)however if i happen to get my hands on a DVD I think I could surly makesome copies for next year;)

hmm... I wonder if the boys at Derosa House would like to watch a scary movie about rabbits hehe.

Ahh well, I may just watch it before I head off to work... since Carolyn was so nice to send me a copy!

it'll be daylight... and it wont be too scary! As if Gir needs anymore evil ideas:shock:

Every VCR I've ever had as eaten tapes at one point lol I just don't have luck with them.

You can always download the movie from the internet and burn it onto a DVD :p

Latest posts

Back