Rabbit of the Month - Spud

Rabbits Online > Pet Rabbit Discussion > Nutrition and Behavior > small world rabbit food

Old 09-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
ani-lover

Thumper was being fed this food when i first got him but he didnt seem to like it. this food comes from wal mart and i know there was a post before about it but i cant seem to find it. this is not a familiar good brand to me and i was wondering if it was bad or good.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
Michaela

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm not familiar with it, can you post the ingredients? I will have a look around and see if I can find any info on it. Is it a mix or a plain pellet food?

I'm not sure a bun food from a store like that would be good though, Tesco heredoes a rabbit food that is awful.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
ani-lover

it is a plain pellet food.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #4
Michaela

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can't seem to find any information on it, what are the nutritional values? Like protein, fibre etc percentages?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
ani-lover

here are some pics of package

Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
naturestee
Retired Moderator

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Time to switch foods! Small World is the world's worst . It doesn't look like it should be that bad by looking at the bag, and especially since it's made by Manna Pro. Fey and Sprite were fed this by their last owner and were in terrible body and fur condition and appeared to be malnurished. Not underweight, but not getting the right nutrients. Part of that might have been from their intestinal issues, but I asked around and found out that other people had the same problem with it and the rabbits always improved greatly when they were switched to a better brand or pellets.

Plus, it's expensive compared to the quality brands of breeder pellets at feed stores.

IMO, the only animal food in Walmart that is ok is the fish food.

Edit: It doesn't smell very good either, if I remember correctly. Even Kaytee alfalfa pellets smell better, and I don't like those either.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:48 AM   #7
Pipp
RABBIT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 53

If somebody's feeling industrious, it would be great if a volunteer could type out the contents and analysis info and we can add it to this Library thread:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic....60&forum_id=17

in advance...

sas

Old 09-06-2007, 02:41 AM   #8
MsBinky

I touch nothing in terms of pet food from Walmart. Plus, look at all the dust at the bottom. Ugh. You never know how long it's been there and it's just such crap quality seriously. Wiggles wouldn't eat it anyway, because I did try it once. Lol. Anyway, I really suggest you switch.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 AM   #9
ani-lover

thanks everyone! i knew you would help!
when i first got thumper he was being fed this and when i brought him home i did an immediate change in pelets. i never will let any of my pets eat bad qulity pellets. the only reason i did not continue with this food is because someone else had the question but i couldn't find the thread. i started to feed him big red rabbits choice. the only other brand i use is blue seal bunny 16. the old food did not even make it into my house. i was unfamiliar with the brand and did not want my rabbit eating garbage. he also had pine shavings in his cage and i greatly feel the person did not know how to properly care for such an animal.

RO is so helpful.

ani-lover

Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 AM   #10
Spring
Retired Moderator

Make sure to make a gradual change with anything diet related in bunnies as to not upset their digestive tract. Good to take things slow with them when changing pellets .