neutering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdekim

Reaction score
Tomorrow my flemish (Banjo) goes in to be neutered... what should I expect when I bring him home from the vet..will he need to be confined and separated from Snickers and for how long...

Any info would be appreciated....

Kinda worried Mom...

I've just picked Skye up from the vets after he has been neutered this afternoon. The vet has told me to keep him away from misty for 6 weeks as he can still be fertile for that long.
I was also told not to put him on straw or sawdust for 10-14 days incase it gets in his wound.
They have given me syringe food and a have to feed him with it for the next 24 hours, incase he doesnt it (although the 1st thing he did when i got him home was eat!!)
They said if he didnt eat witin 24 hours to give them a ring.
They said to keep an eye if he chews his stitchs, and if he does he will have to have a bunny cone! A little bit of bleeding is normal but excessive bleeding is a worry and if so should be taken straight to thevets.
He seems ok, hes a little bit quiet, i suppose thats the anesetic, but hes still talking to me, if not a little bit mardy!
I've put him away with a box for now to give him a chance to settle down!

I'm sure other members will be able to give you much more advise, but as i just got back may as well tell you what the vet just told me!!

Good luck for tomorrow! (not that you'll need it, he'll be fine!)

Anna xx

Yep - everything Star_girl said :)

He'll be a big groggy. Should keep him in a quiet area and restrict his jumping and playing - just let him be in his cage for a little bit. Watch if he starts eating or not.With ing 24 hours he should be eating again.

Some vets give pain meds, some don't. In a day or two, my little guy was bouncing around like normal.

You'll just need to keep an eye on his cut for any infection and to make sure he is not chewing at it at all.

Good luck!! Keep us updated on how he's doing!

_________
Nadia

Latest posts

Back