rabbit toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmwilko

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here and just have a quick question,though Im sure there will be plenty more to come! I have two baby girlmini lops. I have read quite a few times that it is ok to give ourbunnies toilet roll tubes to play with but my two dont really play withthem at all, they just devour them along with old telephonedirectories, which they love. Is this safe? Ive stopped giving themthese things to play with until I find out for sure. Any advicewelcome, Thanks

Hi,

I suggest that you try stuffing the TP rolles with Grasshay, That willgive them a healthy treat and something to play with. I don't knowabout phone books.

Dennis,C.V.R.

I give my rabbits toilet paper rolls, sometimeswith hay in it (although they do makea royal mess that way!).Also, both of my rabbits LOVE untreated wicker baskets. They completelydestroy them of course, but they just love to toss it around and chewchew chew. The baskets are very cheap and you can get them at any craftstore. Make sure it's untreated and has no staples or nails though.

I also give them untreated wood to chew on, which keeps them away fromanything I don't want them chewing on, such as cords (which I've bunnyproofed and stuffed under/behind furniture), books and the such.

Hope those suggestions help!

It's a little blurry, but here's Abby playing toss with a toilet paper roll. :)

Paper towel or toilet paper rolls aregreat. We here at BUNNYRABBIT.com also sell chew toys forrabbits. They are dyed with food dye and TOTALLY safe:)

Check out our website. Just click on the link above at the top of this webpage.

Hopefully if you give your bunnies enough toys, they'll leave the furniture and door molding alone;)lol

Pat Vanecek

My rabbits love chewing toilet rolls to pieces, Iguess when they're not tossing them around they regard it as play :).Phone books are fine, I've seen them listed as safe toys in a number ofplaces, I just took the cover off when I gave it to mine as it had alot more chemical colour etc on it.

Where do you get untreated wood from. Luv camewith something that looks like a nig tree branch but i need to knowwhere to get another one for her and get one for Roger.

Cristy

toliet paper rolls are great!! another thing isto stuff them with hay..and put little treats in them like raisins =]Plastic toys like baby toys are great also. plus plastic balls withbells. ='] i heard that phonebooks were okay. and that wicker basketsare really greay. we have nice wicker baskets at home..and when emmycomes out of her cage for her "free time" or her "daily excersie" shewuld always visit teh wicker baskets and start chewing and nipping atthem. although i have to stop her becasue my mom would freak out! heh.:D

Latest posts

Back