Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
I've always enjoyedseeing photos of everyone's cages. I find it very interesting to seehow creative folks can be and how many different ideas there are. It'samazing to see what makes different bunnies happy!

Sebastian in and indoor/outdoor bunny. Hewill get a bigger cage next spring but this one was built for his babymonths. It was built as much for his little girl as it was for him. Itis "her size" too. Note the shorter height, the ledge for her foot onthe end, the handle for her to lift the top, the "over the centerlatch" so the lid can't slam back down on her fingers, the wheels onone end so we can move it around the yard (better shade, views,fertilizer) and you can't see it but there is an extra brace across themiddle to support her weight so that when he doesn't want to be caughtshe can climb in to get him!

Here are two shots, one with topdown and one with top up.

25b1j

25b21

She simply must have one of the "doll house" typesheds converted to a little rabbitry for Sabastian. (hope hedoesn't mind a lot of pink and frilly curtains in hispalace). I always thought something like that would be cutefor my "little girl" (who's now 16)

Pam

We average about 130 - 150 rabbits.(Downsized from our previous residence where we also used to breed NewZealand Whites). We primarily now have Dwarf Hotots andHolland Lops with a sampling of many other breeds such as a CheckeredGiant, Silver Fox, Silver, Tans, Netherland Dwarfs, Mini Rex, LionHeads, English Spots, English Angoras and Himalayans -- Gosh did Iforget anyone :shock:

Pam

We used to have 200+.

We currently go through 700 lbs. of feed a month.

Chores are split up and we operate at maximum efficiency with an autowater system and taking turns feeding. The kids do most ofthe breeding, I'm the record keeper and spend about 20 minutes a daycleaning cages. Chores actually don't take as much time asyou would think.

Our "new" setup is in an existing barn and the interior is not yetfinished. We purchased 3 older homes and have sunk all ourmoney into those :? Below isour old rabbitry (the New Zealands werein the large building to the left of it) which has now been convertedinto an apartment by the new owners.

OutsideRabbitry.jpg

InsideRabbitry22.jpg

(We used a water based paint on both cagesbecause the wood was old and would not have lastest long. We don't havethe time or resources to build a new cage every 2 or 3 yearseither.)

The first cage, before Mocha and Spice started fighting. It's an oldpicture, we added more doors and an insulated box inside the enclosedpart later.

scan0002.jpg

Newest cage (divided down the center, made out of an old wooden garage door)

cageroofopen.jpg

Here's my rabbitry set-up:
Located in a 8x12 pre-built shed modified for the rabbits

barn5.jpg

A look as you open the doors...notice the nice screen doors! (Half are on automatic watering system)
barn1.jpg

barn3.jpg

This is an older picture but my rabbit barn floor has since becomenasty (paint peeling) but there is now another cage on this 'stack'
barn2.jpg

The Grooming Station :)
barn4.jpg

I am redesigning my cagesto include a "barn" and a fence to enable the bunnies to freerange onthe lawn and still remain safe. We live in the back countryand have coyotes and racoons and snakes etc, so I have to make theirenclosure as sturdy as possible. These are their cages rightnow. Hopefully their new setup will have the automaticwatering system. So far I can't find the components anywherearound here, so I guess I'll have to order it online.

Ella, Jenna, and Lexi live in this 10'x1 1/2'cage. I am revamping it to make it wider. Don'tmind the names on the doors. The gals have been moved aroundand the guinea pigs used to share quarters with the gals.Sadly we lost one guinea pig :(, and our remaining Madison has sincelost her mind!

Dwarf_Angel,

The floor of our other rabbitry was stained wood. Under thecages, I used inexpensive black roofing felt that could simply bethrown out every year and new stuff put down. I duct tapedthe edges down.

Pam

dmmcnair,

We cannot view your photos. To upload directly from your harddrive, use the "browse" option for 1 upload per post. To postmultiple photos from the internet (not your hard drive), use the littleicon to the right of the "quotes" icon.

Try again using the "browse" button.

Pam

Okay Pam, I will have three more posts for my pics. I guess I should get a website for all my pics huh? :D

Here is the back of the girls' cage. Iused those panels that you can get at Target with zip ties.These are sturdy little panels for the smaller rabbits. Ialso use the panels for Bubba's door, it's much easier than making adoor.

This is Bubba'scage. It is 4'x3'x3' tall. The plastic bags stapledto it are from a huge rainstorm we had the other day. I useplastic bags stapled around the cages to keep them dry. Bubba also hasa mat on the cage floor to rest his weary feet from the wirefloor. The floor is reinforced with metal poles so it doesn'tsag under his weight. The mat has been moved to the enclosure(below) to save him from wet feet from the dew.

This is their freerangeenclosure. As you can see, it is temporarily covered bywhatever we had on hand so Bubba won't jump out. He isnotorious for escaping! He likes it better in here than in hiscage.

My husband and I recently made this cage, usingthe wire from Chompers's old cage that we broke down. Our bunnies areindoor buns and the cage door is open for them to come and go as theyplease (I'm home all day to keep an eye on them.) Since this photo hasbeen taken, we've lowered the shelf a bit, as Chompers was having ahard time getting down fromit. I got to thinking of older ageand if he starts getting arthritis (Abby too for that matter.)

Our buns LOVE their new home and spend most of their time inside ofit,even when we leave the door openfor them.

Latest posts

Back