It cant be

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristinpsc

Reaction score
I just need to vent. I have been wheezing formonths now and i today i have a sore throat so i went the doctor, so ihave an infection in my throat, no biggie. But hes way concerned aboutmy breathing/wheezing saying that i can lead to pnemonia. I have to getan allergy test which are expensive without insurance which i DONT haveintil it kicks in at my jon in feb. SO anyway my mom swears its maxthats making me wheeze and i need to think about getting rid of her!!!AHHH how could i do that, i cant, but i need my normal breathing back.Sorry i rambled on about this i just needed to let that out, its toosad to even think about.:(

I'm curious as to what motivated her theory thatit is Max. I personally have started getting allergies around therabbits and decided to narrow it down myself and see what sets me offthe most. For me its been the hay but its nothing more that a fewsneezes and only while i'm shaking it to get all the dust particles off.

Also allergy season is really starting up here so i'm sure thats addingto some of it for me. I just wouldn't be so quick to jump toconclusions. Maybe to test your mom's theory you could ware one ofthose lawn masks one day when you come home from being away for mostthe day but only put it on right before interaction with Max or area'she frequents. If you start wheezing again before hand then i'd saytheres a good chance it is something else.

I'd still get the checkup when its Feb thoughb/c I don't really know how long it takes for allergies to pass thesystem ect. Hope you feel better and find the cause =)

it may be the hay. How long have you had him,and when did the allergies start? If it is the hay, can youget a less dusty kind? I like to get my timothy fromamericanpetdiner.com they have great stuff.

I am allergic to my rabbits and I have five ofthem. Thereare many things you can do to keep them down.First find out what it is you are allergic to, for me it is alfalfa,and the actual rabbits. My alfalfa allergy isreally bad,butmy rabbit allergy is very mild though. I wear a mask whenfeeding my rabbits their pellets because the tiniestdust theykick off makes me sick for a week, and I only feed them timothy/grassmix hay that has no alfalfa in it, which I get from my neighbours dairyfarm for my horses anyway. I also give my rooms where the rabbits go aquick vaccum everyday, including the couch they go on. I have a airpurifier in my room by my bed and hepa filters in my furnace.

It sounds like a lot but I love my bunnies and I do what I have to sothat I can have them around. My allergies were worse as a kid, and eventhen I had rabbits. My mom did all the stuffI just listedback then and it still works to this day. I only sniffle andoccasionally sneeze if I hold the rabbits close to my face for longperiods of time. I forgot to mention that I also have asthma that isunder control even though I have the rabbits.

So there are plenty of things you can do to deal with allergies to the animals you love!!!

thanks for all the advice. Ive had max for goingon 3 years but just recently when i moved back in with my parents shehas been living in my room , before she was in the living room. So weare living on very close quarters together, so i thats why my wheezingstarted i think. Im going to get that test in feb for sure, and for nowim going to try and get an air purifier, when i save up some money.thanks for all the advice.

Latest posts

Back