1 of my guinea pigs died!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottes mum

Reaction score
We had 6 guinea pigs and now we are down to 5 iwas away on holiday and my friend nextdoor was looking after my rabbitsand guinea pigs but when we came we noticed jamima was gone(1 of ourguinea pigs)we went next door to see where she was and she was in myfriends house they gave us a sheet which had information on it jamimahad a prolaps and had to go for a emergancy op we had to give hermedicine and she was fine.Then she started going up on her back as ifshe was trying to push somthing out.We took her to the vet and the vetsaid i am really sorry but were going to have to let her go i was sogutted i was crying my eyes out !!:(I even cried harder after when hetook her back in the room we were in and she was just lying in his armsdead. What a nice return from holiday eh?:bigtears:

I am so sorry to hear this Charlottes Mum, it'salways really hard when you lose a pet:(. Just think of all the nicememories you have of her and feel happy that she had the best life shecould living with you. You are in my thoughts and prayers:pray:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that...itisalwaysso heartbreaking to lose a pet. I did lose a rabbitonce when I went away for 3 weeks on holiday,many many yearsago. He was a delightful black crossbreed named Tristan, just such aloveable guy, and when I returned home from being away, my friend (whowas taking care of the pets) was almost afraid to speak to me. Tris hadbecome extremely ill theday after I left,and whenshe took him to the vet's they ran some tests and concluded he hadcancer, and he was put down.

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Jamima...may she run freewith the rest of the guinea pigs, bunnies, cats, and dogs, and allother animals that are now over the Rainbow Bridge. And may your heartheal soon...:(

Latest posts

Back