Pest repeller affect bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fitzerin

Reaction score
Ihave recently bought a house and we purchased an Electronic PestRepeller by Black& Deckerto repel any bugs,mice etc from the house. However I am wondering if anyoneknows if this will affect my bunny. On the label it says "safe to usearound dogs, cats, birds, and fish". It also says "caution:keep unit away from pet tarantulas, mice, hamsters andgerbils". Of course it doesn't say anything aboutrabbits. So would it be safe to use around myrabbit?

By the way, my name isErin, I'm new to this board. And my rabbit's name isPuppy.

Erin

Hello Erin,

I think your best bet would be to Email or phone Black &Decker. Tell them of your quandary. If they cannot give you adifinitive answer, I would not use it. I would like to know the outcomeso please post your findings. Best of luck in solving this problem.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Thanks for your responses Pam andDennis. The reason why we purchased this electronic pestrepellent is because a few years ago I got one as a free gift and putit in my fiancee's apartment because he had gotten an antinfestation. It appeared to work since we actually saw theants leaving his apartment.

Whether or not this workson pests isn't my primary concern. Now that I have Puppy, Iwant to make sure that he is okay. Since I did see one reportthat said "Ultrasonic& subsonic pest repellers claim they chase off spiders, ants,mice, rats, gophers, moles, wasps, cockroaches, cats, crows, reptiles,raccoons, deer, rabbits, mosquitos, moths,squirrels, dogs, tics, fleas, bats, all flyinginsects..." I am not willing to take the risk, onereport is one too many forme.

Erin & Puppy

Latest posts

Back