How do you play with your rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicapple

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how to play with a rabbit. All my rabbit does is sleep and eat. I don't know what I can do with it.

Rabbits really like to pet forstarters. They like to pet on the tops of theirheads. My bunny would like to be pet for hours if I would doit.

Jenni wrote:
Rabbits really like to pet for starters. They liketo pet on the tops of their heads. My bunny would like to bepet for hours if I would do it.
Thats true, when ever I pet my rabbit on the head it would relax. any other ways to play with rabbits?

Mr. Z likes to toss empty toilet paper rolls andbicycle tire packages arounf. He will also toss blocks andstuff. He trys and trys to toss a empty wrapping paper roll,but it is too big.

ed

my bunnies like to play in cardboard box houses

they like empty paper towel rolls and plastic baby keys

mcdonalds happymeal toys are one of their favorites

peapoo also likes to jump over little jumps i make for her:)

Gretchen likes to chew on unpainted/unstained baskets. She also likes to shred junk mail.

mine also like to shred old phonebooks..

and they like it when you put shredded paper in a cardboard box for them...they get in there and dig around and tunnel for hours

they also like to play with old towels..digging on them and dragging/tossing them around

and they love being petted

Our bunns like to play tug-o-war, or if they areeating hay I'll try to snag it from them and let them steal it back, ifI pull a piece of string or paper on the floor they'll try to jump onit and chase it, my husband will chase them (he always lets themwin;)), we have wooden blocks we stack up and let the bunns knock themdown, they have cat toys (balls with bells in them) to toss, they haveparrot toys in their cages they like to ring and toss around, an oldblankie our lop boy likes to dig and chew...they will play with darnnear anything!! I have found mine can turn almost anythinginto a play toy!!:D

Mocha loves those balls with the bells in them,I'll roll it to her and say throw it back and she does! She also loveto shred my ochem notes and homework when I am working on them!! crazybunny!!:bunnydance:

I stuffed a paper towel roll with lettuce todayinstead of hay. My bunny loved to rip it open to get at the good stuff.Of course I had to help him since hes only a month old:p.

My rabbbit will play tug-of-war whith me whith atoilet paper roll. Maby roll a cat toy ball around and he'll roll itaround whith his nose - Bun-Bun liked doing that when he was young.Give him a ball of news paper to have a scratching and chewing upfrenzy - the only proplem there is whith that is that you'll have amess to clean up, lol.

i notice that most of you are saying that rabbitlike to chew on thing and rip them up. Or they like to jump or throwthings. Is there something that you and your rabbit can both dotogether?

Best thing to do is find a comfortable spot onthe floor and hang out with bunny. Eventually, bunny will find youinteresting and the two of you will develop your own games. I foundthat when I sat on the floor it wasn't long before they took aninterest in me. Mine like to tug on things like paper towel rolls.Also, I would sit with them while they played with a cardboard "house"and a game of peek-a-boo/pet me!! started. First begin with getting ontheir level and let them come to you.

Winnie likes to be "teased". I have abackscratcher that I hold in front of him. He grabs the end w/ histeeth and moves it either to the left or right. I put it right backwhere it was and we do this over and over, with Winnie moving itfurther away each time. I can't tell if he's getting annoyed or isenjoying it, but I just keep doing it until he gets bored.

You can also try to make him "beg" for his veggies (hold it above his head and make him stand on his hind legs).

I will also sometimes put a towel over his head and he'll poke around until he finds his way out and then do it again.

You can try just about anything and go with whatever works. Just followhis lead. Just don't do anything that angers or scares him.

You can teach him tricks whith treats. My rabbitknows a trick I tought him. "Up And Crouch." I take out a treat and Isay "Up!!" And he stands up. Then I say "Down!!" And he'll crouch.Of course you'll have to start out by moving the treat up anddown so he can fallow it and learn the command words "Up" and "Down."

AshtonCasey wrote:
Best thing to do is find a comfortable spot on the floor andhang out with bunny. Eventually, bunny will find you interesting andthe two of you will develop your own games. I found that when I sat onthe floor it wasn't long before they took an interest in me. Mine liketo tug on things like paper towel rolls. Also, I would sit with themwhile they played with a cardboard "house" and a game of peek-a-boo/petme!! started. First begin with getting on their level and let them cometo you.
What if they come to you and decided you taste good andtake a bite out of you? And my rabbit eat the paper I let it play with.is that unhealthy? I bought this long thingy with wood stuck on it. Butits for birds. Does it work for rabbits too?

Latest posts

Back